Problem on a radiator connected a wood boiler

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
mage.11
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Problem on a radiator connected a wood boiler

by mage.11 » 02/01/11, 21:26

I carried out the installation of my wood boiler, I carried out the starting, alas I have a high extruded radiator on the first floor which does not work, its connection: the arrival of the radiator is at the bottom at left and its return to the bottom right. I dismantled everything but without result. If you have some experience or have experienced the same problem, thank you.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 02/01/11, 23:31

the arrival of the radiator is at the bottom left and its return at the bottom right

It would be better to arrive at the top and not at the bottom.
With purge valve at the top to remove air and gases which are happy to collect at the top of the installation in this radiator which then full of air never expelled, becomes an expansion tank and more at all a radiator because without circulating water !!!

An expansion tank and a safety valve are also required.
Last edited by dedeleco the 03 / 01 / 11, 14: 29, 1 edited once.
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 03/01/11, 08:15

a radiator cannot function with its departure AND arrival at the bottom unless one of the arrival is connected internally to the top of the radiator as is the case on some very high and narrow models.
water must flow through the radiator from top to bottom.
0 x
Click my signature
Aumicron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Aumicron » 03/01/11, 15:11

Hello mage.11 and welcome to the forum.

Do you have a circulator in your circuit or does the radiator work as a thermosiphon?

Is your inlet hose hot?

To force the hot water to go up in the radiator, you can place a shutter at the bottom between the 1st and the 2nd element.
0 x
To argue.
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/01/11, 18:20

dirk pitt wrote:a radiator cannot function with its departure AND arrival at the bottom unless one of the arrival is connected internally to the top of the radiator as is the case on some very high and narrow models.
water must flow through the radiator from top to bottom.

Our acova (steel) has its I / O at the bottom ... with 1 top and bottom "collector" tube.
I do not know how it is done inside but it seems to me that there are zones (at least 2 in zig zag).

For mage.11's question, did he work "before"? Is it new? Thermostatic valve stuck? Are you sure the water is coming upstairs? Are other radiators upstairs working? Have you purged the air?
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 03/01/11, 20:28

All these basic questions must have a clear and precise answer !!
0 x
mage.11
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by mage.11 » 03/01/11, 20:50

I placed a shutter at the bottom of the radiator, indeed it works normally, the problem is solved. Thank you all for his precious advice.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/01/11, 00:00

Glad this is resolved.

Uh can you give us a picture of the shutter?
0 x