Risk of Global Climate change by BP Oil Spill

Topics about this forum and the econology in english speaking for people who are not understandable french language.
Christophe

Risk of Global Climate change by BP Oil Spill

by Christophe » 21/12/10, 18:04

RISK OF GLOBAL CLIMATE CHANGE BY BP OIL SPILL

Gianluigi Zangari
Frascati National Laboratories (LNF) - National Institute of Nuclear Physics (INFN)
Frascati 00044, Via E. Fermi, 40, ITALY

Correspondence to: Gianluigi Zangari Email: gianluigi.zangari@lnf.infn.it

Abstract: BP Oil Spill may cause an irreparable damage to the Gulf Stream global climate thermoregulation activity. The Gulf Stream importance in the global climate thermoregulation processes is well assessed. The latest real time satellite (Jason, Topex / Poseidon, Geosat Follow-On, ERS-2, Envisat) data maps of May-June 2010 processed by CCAR1,2 (Colorado Center for Astrodynamics Research), checked at Frascati Laboratories by the means of the SHT congruent calculus3 and compared with past years data, show for the first time a direct evidence of the rapid breaking of the Loop Current, a warm ocean current, crucial part of the Gulf Stream.

As displayed both by the sea surface velocity maps and the sea surface height maps, the Loop Current broke down for the first time around May 18th and generated a clock wise eddy, which is still active (see Fig. 1).

Next: https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... qAHZnb.pdf
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 21/12/10, 18:34

Interesting debate, but haven't we already put this into perspective? It seems to me that it was said that the volume of water in the Atlantic is so gigantic, that the oil leak was less than peanut in comparison.
The only damage would be the marine biodiversity in depth (since the volatile part of the hydrocarbons having evaporated a long time ago, the floating parts having been dissolved by dispersion of solvents (kerosene?) Would only remain this sort of "residual mud". heavy as water ... and having sunk 1000m deep ...)
But i can elephant : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/12/10, 18:41

English speaking here, go here for french similar subject: https://www.econologie.com/forums/gulf-strea ... 10281.html

: Cheesy:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 21/12/10, 23:07

Oh my goodness! : Oops:

Something's blown out here ... : Cheesy:

So yes. Relatively few oil spill for the huge water volume of the Atlantic ocean imho.

Until we know that volatile hydrocarbons was already in the air, floating part was dispersed by kerosen solvants and the sticky part sank as deep as (-) 1000 meters. The big impact is against biodiversity, but not much affect the "GLOBAL CLIMATE CHANGE" in this aspect.

BTW, is not because we have a two harsh winter (one because of El niño) that we have to conclude this ...

Do I'm wrong?
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 21/12/10, 23:30

I think our current winter in France is quite normal. But the thermohaline circulation is a very sensitive mechanism and the global warming, that we should call "climate change" more rigorously, may modify the collaps of the water in arctic areas, because huge quantities of soft water decrease the salinity of the oceans there. ..

Then the thermal regulation, currently granted by the gulf stream, could become weak, or disappear, and the western Europe been frozen while other area been overheated ...

PS: Be careful Obamot, because I have got the powers of moderator here : Cheesy:

Edit: I wish to add here the 2 links of Dedeleco, written in the Shakespeare language:
dedeleco wrote:Current Global Warming May Reverse Circulation in Atlantic Ocean, As It Did 20,000 Years Ago
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 141541.htm

Reversed flow of Atlantic deep water during the Last Glacial Maximum
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v4 ... e09508.pdf
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 21/12/10, 23:39

Thank's!

Life is good - Blue Skies! : Cheesy:

0 x

Back to "Econology forum in english »