Recovering heat of the flue

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 01/12/10, 15:09

The closed insert with exchanger and hot air blower with ducts to the bedrooms and living room, as I have in two different houses, is the best commercial solution.

The second adventurer can walk, but on condition of understanding the physical phenomena, of wanting to explore the unknown, with surprises, if not big problems.

already, the insert reserves surprises with pros!

Put the pump blower before the insert, not after. (less dangerous by CO if leak)
It is advisable to have very separate inlets for combustion air and blower heating air, direct to the insert from the outside. (closable by gate).
It exists, but rarely.
The VMC then does not pose a problem if the flow is not too strong.
0 x
manitou22
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by manitou22 » 01/12/10, 21:47

Hello
A small example of realization: to find it, in g .... gle, tapes: CR poele jp gallo
It's simple and it works !!!
A+
0 x
tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

heat recovery chimney pipe

by tigrou_838 » 02/12/10, 14:16

hi, you have a french brand that released a product not long ago that should fit you right, look at:

http://www.maisonbrico.com/index.phtml? ... &iart=3942

tigrou
0 x
pieroxy
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: heat recovery chimney pipe

by pieroxy » 03/12/10, 16:07

tigrou_838 wrote:hi, you have a french brand that released a product not long ago that should fit you right, look at:

http://www.maisonbrico.com/index.phtml? ... &iart=3942

tigrou
Thank you for the link. Unfortunately, it's a good brick duct, so I'm going to have to blow it all up I think to install this.
0 x
zorglub
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by zorglub » 21/12/10, 21:45

a personal case:
I have a heating with an oil stove automatically fed-
in the chimney flue I inserted a copper coil of 12/14 coiled on an internal diameter of 160 mm - corresponding to the diameter of the stove pipe - the diameter of the chimney flue is 300 mm length of the coil 15 m.
the circuit of this coil passes through a fan coil then into my DHW heating then into a 2 em VC- the circuit actuated by a 55 w circulator and a thermostat
the 1st VC draws air above the heater and preheats the coil circuit to avoid condensation in the chimney and diffuses the hot air in 3 rooms
the 2 VC partly sucks in fresh air from the outside and partly from the air in the apartment via a second outlet - it sends everything partly in the apartment by preheating the fresh air injected in overpressure (suction filtered against dust)
the coil circuit passes through this 2 em VC and heats it
(between 8 and 25/30 ° regulated by thermostat) then goes into DHW and solar and maintains it between 10 and 25 ° - (i.e. 150 liters) -
this circuit is coupled to heating on solar collectors

I reduce notably:
1 / the electricity bill for the DHW heating
2 / the fuel bill by recovering quite a few calories from the chimney - for example the chimney sweep plate which is located on the outlet of the coil remains cold
3 / the apartment being in slight overpressure is protected from dust (filter above the heater)

the bulk of the installation is in an attic, but the ideal would be to pass the hot air circuits in a double ceiling
nb: my ducts are insulated ducts special "hot air" the VC have ventilators of 30/70 w 2 speeds and a third of 55 w
all regulated by thermostats - the fresh air is blown at high speed above 20 ° below the VC is at low speed
everything has been working for 3 years
0 x
every morning you look naked in a large ice after 3 minutes you will see that your home and your worst picture ......