Water heating mat

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/12/10, 00:28

This is what I suggested above: this is what it will work on ...

But mine is 7m long ... not easy to fit inside : Cheesy:
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 21/12/10, 01:45

Uh, I missed !!
It can be cut in two or three with fittings !!!!
With insulating carpet underneath and fine carpet above ????
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 21/12/10, 08:02

dedeleco wrote:All you have to do is take the solar thermal collector in Christophe's summer PDM for swimming pool and pass lukewarm hot water through it to heat it up !!!
Cheap !!!
Black EPDM is a good absorber of calories from solar radiation, but is it a good diffuser of calories.
It restores them as well as it absorbs them. :?:
(compared to copper, aluminum or iron ...)
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 21/12/10, 08:25

Black EPDM is a good absorber of calories from solar radiation, but is it a good diffuser of calories.
It restores them as well as it absorbs them. Question

In my humble opinion, the goal is not to drop tons of calories, but to remove from the cold surface.
I researched the solar collectors of swimming pool, and there is a thing which goes wrong, the arrival and the exit of the carpet are too large, it is necessary to make so that they are of the same thickness as the carpet.
Another thing to change, the finish is at the end of the carpet; the departure and the return must be on the same side.
I hope an industrialist reads to us
: Cheesy:
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 21/12/10, 13:14

It restores them as well as it absorbs them. Question

The thermal conductivity of polyethylene is 240 times worse than that of steel and more than 600 times that of aluminum!
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temperatur ... %A4higkeit
but as what limits is the thermal convection of the air which is weak, it is not very serious if the thicknesses are small and the distances between pipes not high.
Nothing prevents placing an aluminum plate on it to improve heat exchange.

Finally it is possible to cut these plates in three and to connect otherwise with fine flexible pipes and clamps, a small DIY.
Otherwise there are fine hoses for drip irrigation (diameter 6mm or 16mm which is easily flattened) and if the pressure slightly exceeds 1 Bar, it is very usable in zig zag 50m of this 6mm pipe with a dozen pipes in parallel, by putting connections with clamps (see wire).
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 21/12/10, 14:15

the idea is interesting! especially as a temporary solution for poorly heated rental accommodation ...

not easy to connect to a central heating network where the pressure can be too high: you would need an exchanger to send only very low pressure into the carpet

I think of this carpet rather for a wood stove: its radiation heats a room and its water circuit heats another room with the carpet

the thermal conductivity of materials is not to compare with copper or iron, but to compare with air: any plastic is much better conductor than air, therefore suitable!

my first idea was to weld 2 tarpaulins together with baffles to use the whole surface: blah, even at low pressure it will make big sausage which swells and crushes when we walk on it

another solution, put a thick layer of porous felt between the 2 layers of tarpaulin ... put a circulation pump, which always puts the carpet in depression
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."