Heating, energy: Survey

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
maloplekxus
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Heating, energy: Survey

by maloplekxus » 22/11/10, 18:16

Hi everyone,

Student in DUT Hygiene, Safety and Environment I realize a project on the reprocessing of litters of equines. My project group and I opted for combustion. After a transformation of the product we carried out a combustion which does not generate an odor, the smoke resulting from the combustion is white as for plants. A temperature of up to 409 ° C is reached. We must now carry out a market study with the possible aim of marketing this fuel. So I take the liberty of submitting a short questionnaire to you, hoping that you will take the time to answer it.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewfor ... c6MQ#gid=0
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 22/11/10, 22:55

what is this questionnaire?

no matter how you heat yourself. it's not our heating that matters but the quality of your fuel

it produces up to 409 ° C ... yuck I don't want it ... at such a low temperature the combustion must be very dirty ... and 409 ° what precision is not 400 or 410 .. .
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 23/11/10, 02:29

the smoke resulting from combustion is white as for plants. A temperature of up to 409 ° C is reached.

Weird, very dry plants burn like wood with bright shiny flames at more than 1000 ° C and more !!
So this white seems like water vapor condensed in mist which diffuses the light, sign of a very bad combustion of wet plants (like wet grass or grass which make a very polluting white smoke with lots of dirt of incomplete and acrid combustion like cigarette smoke, a scourge of pollution this pollution of fires in gardens, fields and forests all over France and legally prohibited !!)

Also as
Student in DUT Health, Safety and Environment

I am frightened that you have not been taught this basic objective fact that poorly made wet fires at low temperature giving white fumes of condensed water vapor are very polluting and prohibited !!
What is the nature of your "transformation" ???

If you want to make a fuel it must be dried very strongly as for granules or pellets with a dryer and then compress it!
See dryers, pellets, granules on econology, solar (in summer) or other !!
Otherwise for "the reprocessing of litter of equines" it is possible to carry out as for the manure of biogas or methane, see on econology the corresponding posts.
It can also be used after manure to cultivate button mushrooms or others in cellars !!
0 x