UV hazard or not with a plant lamp?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
sebarmageddon
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by sebarmageddon » 17/11/09, 18:16

I have it in better quality, but too big for the forum
0 x
sebarmageddon
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by sebarmageddon » 19/11/09, 18:59

0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

UV yes hidden on spectrum

by dedeleco » 26/02/10, 14:56

To see the spectrum of this lamp, in the figure we cut everything below 400nm arbitrarily (misleading), but by extending in the cut part, it is certain that the UV A (400-315nm) are there and probably UV B, because this mercury lamp has little or no fluorescent coating absorbing these UV, unlike commercial fluorescent lamps !!
So danger as for UV irradiation:
you can test on a few cm2 of your skin with a mask to see how long you have been tanning !!
0 x
sebarmageddon
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by sebarmageddon » 26/02/10, 16:05

maybe the color spectrum is cut, because there is a filtering?
but it's hard to know
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

not

by dedeleco » 26/02/10, 17:12

Nothing in reality can cut suddenly like the limit of the edge of the graph by the spectrum drawing software !!
The spectra are continuous as on UV mercury lamps.
It is incoherent to believe that if the intensity is strong at 400nm it suddenly becomes zero at 390nm because the graph is limited above 400nm by the drawing software !!!
The primary maximum is at 185 and 254 nm and converted into a variable spectrum depending on the composition of the fluorescent powder and the glass see:
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tube_fluorescent
and also for some examples of non-truncated spectra !!
http://www.eleco-produits.fr/pdf_sevice ... elesUV.pdf

You can also test UV by accelerating the setting of an araldite or epoxy glue under this lamp or with a commercial fluorescent ribbon under UV instead of trying to tan !!
This plant must make UV logically like the sun on plants and therefore make us tan.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

erratum

by dedeleco » 26/02/10, 17:15

lapse
the last sentence should be corrected:
This lamp should make UV logically like the sun on plants and therefore make us tan.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/11/10, 17:01

See 2nd point of:

Christophe wrote:The excerpt from a subsequent federal guide definitely closes this topic or I should say this intox.

Guide to 40 pages to download here: guide on electromagnetic pollution, standards, waves and health

0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 22/11/10, 21:23

Christophe information via useful to read and decode or comment:
1) UV:
to 20cm (desktop or bedside lamp) is approaching the limits damage to her skin and take risks, because the fluorescent white coating keeps all UV.
A 1 meter, dose (1m / 20cm) squared = 5 5x25 times lower but not totally negligible !! (If with lower 1000fois or to root = 1000 31 20 cm time either 6m, a bit far to read !!!!)
So mistrust have not less than 1 to 2m !!

2) Electromagnetic:
the risk of leukemia for children rises to more than 0,3 microteslas either Gauss (old habit) 3 / 1000iéme Gauss is not heavy (as heard 50herz) !!
Indeed the Earth's magnetic field is much stronger 0,5gauss or 500microteslas but fixed for months !!
Or an ordinary yarn is a field in Gauss as the current in amperes I divided by the distance in cm (with factor 2pi / 10) and therefore 2,2KW with 10 A to 1m gives a field 0,06Gauss = 6 microtesla, 20 times more than this 0,3 value !!
However, it must be balanced by the fact that the near current and return wires strongly cancel this field.
Moreover, almost a transformer iron values ​​are much stronger.
So do not put your head near wires (heating blanket) or near a transformer or motor !!
Finally in the trains, the motors with very high intensity and not bad of iron, are not far under the floor and one undergoes rather strong fields, which lead to ask questions on the diseases of the railwaymen and EDF agent on the lines.
0 x