Bulbs slamming on a chandelier

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 08/11/10, 18:00

Christophe wrote:Only in the present case: I believe more in the vibrations to explain the apparently almost systematic premature wear of incandescent bulbs (and fluo low quality) on the luster of the author of this subject.
I agree (it is true that it is ambiguous in my previous answer, given the quotation : Oops:)

Christophe wrote:which tends to confirm the mechanical hypothesis ...
I find it plausible.
I also see that you use the neutral term of "mechanical" without specifying "shock" or "vibration" 8)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/11/10, 18:01

Hey yes, as I am (almost) sure to be right : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 08/11/10, 18:17

dedeleco wrote: except insecticide spraying into droplets ????

Whoever does this may not do it again: the insecticide is diluted in solvents, propellant gas not always inert (alas) - risk of fire at home!
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 08/11/10, 18:34

Physics and its basic laws is useful:
there are suspensions (heavy) with a single bulb and well in these ampoules resist as long as the others.

shows that a heavy suspension during an impact, undergoes a much lower acceleration than the same shock on a light suspension (in the ratio of weights or masses) !!
Give a kick in a balloon or a truck, they do not have the same acceleration in the shock !!
Also as the hot filaments to 2200 ° C suffer as the acceleration that they have undergone, this objective experimental observation, of resistance on heavy luster, scientifically proves that the shocks of not above the ceiling or others (cleaning, head shot) are the sufficient cause to shorten the duration of the filaments !!
On my handhelds, for decades, I found this phenomenon, a small shock: life shortened, a good shock, dead!

So increase the luster by ten and hang it with an intermediate rubber !!

Several lamps on the same wire in parallel with the same voltage will not be different from a single and magnetic, too, in the Earth's magnetic field, except big magnet against the bulb, will not change much.
If elsewhere there is a big self, big motor, big transformer, powerful thyristor, the brutal cuts of current on these machines with inductance, make overvoltages (1000V) which can weaken the filament, like the lightning which kills a lamp in a microsecond or the aging of 800 hours, (halogen less clear), as I could see at home!
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 08/11/10, 18:43

Very good note from did67:
Whoever does this may not do it again: the insecticide is diluted in solvents, propellant gas not always inert (alas) - risk of fire at home!

Indeed, some bombs have butane as propellant, real flame thrower, on a flame, like the shaving creams ideal for burning the face and beard of a smoker who shaves with the flame of a cigarette !!
There are serious accidents.

Try it on a stove flame, and you'll be scared !!
A real lance flame, my shaving cream, especially without cream coming out !!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/11/10, 18:49

What is this insecticide story : Shock: : Shock: What is the relationship with sauerkraut?

Yes did67 for the effect of the mass but for weighting, on the other hand it has its limits, should not that the chandelier crushes on the ground to too weigh down ... : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: 10 times it seems high ...

Well I think we have more than hypotheses and we found the main reason for the problem.

Should we now see for a solution that wants to test one of my silents block of recovery offered by bibi? : Cheesy:
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 08/11/10, 19:43

What is this insecticide story

Under the chandeliers we see the insects, cats and mosquitoes and I saw spray insecticides in the chandelier and its lights!
0 x
sspid14
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by sspid14 » 08/11/10, 23:18

The mechanical cause seems very plausible since the chandelier moves when you walk on it and that the railway way not far (50m of the house) must also make it vibrate ... Moreover, at night, when a commodity passes, the radiator against the wall upstairs vibrates.
But there is no other shock to my knowledge .. impossible to bump into it anyway.

To weigh it down is not too much, but I would try to put some rubber on the hooks.

We must also see with a fluo good quality because if it slams too, the mechanical cause can be discarded .. although the fluos may have a weak point in terms of mechanical shocks ??

Someone told me that with the wear it was possible that the end of the soquet (the bulb or the bulb comes into contact) is more distant than originally and so overvoltages or short circuits appeared (I did not understand everything, neither retained ...)
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 09/11/10, 07:49

sspid14 wrote:To weigh it down is not too much, but I would try to put some rubber on the hooks.

To weigh it down is to change its frequency of resonance. You can already put a lead washer to the suspension?
0 x
See you soon !
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 09/11/10, 12:49

Instead of weighing down, it is equivalent to reducing the resistance of the fastening with a very flexible rubber to the fixing hook, ie a weak force moves the chandelier vertically (1cm and more elongation for the weight of the chandelier) !!
Then the vibrations of the train 50m (locomotive over 100 tons) very violent as the steps above can not be transmitted to the filament lamps with strong acceleration!
0 x