Electrothermal hybrid

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
ggdorm
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Electrothermal hybrid

by ggdorm » 26/08/10, 19:54

Hello again everyone,
I'm still bothering you because a new idea has been on my mind for a while now. I thought I saw that several projects of this type are developing.

Quickly:

* A generator generating 800 watt / 220 volts on a continuous basis consuming 0.7 liters per hour.

* A set of battery (let's take 40 ah and 36 volts) supplying a motor with 36 volts and 1 kw => current = 28 amps.

Currently we have (apart from losses) 1h25 of autonomy at full power.

Now add a 36 volt charger charging the batteries. The output amperage is 22 amps.

So I have a 40 A tank to which every hour I take 28 amps and I give 22 A.

Several hypotheses emerge:

1) I start with a full battery and the generator runs continuously. I therefore empty the battery of 6 amps per hour on 40 amperes of tank ==> 6.6 h of autonomy with a gasoline consumption of 700 ml.

2) I switch on my engine for half an hour every hour. So I empty my tank of 28 amperes per hour and I add 11
=> loss of 17 amperes.
So I arrive at 2 a.m. and a bit of autonomy
with 350 ml of consumption per hour

Of course, this model is in perfect cycle without taking into account all the losses (coulon, mechanical, ....). I think a factor of 0.8 is what is used in electric motors.

Always the same question: viable or not?
0 x
kistinie
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by kistinie » 26/08/10, 20:23

Technically, the thermal hybrid is only reasonable with a permanent magnet generator to charge the batteries directly ... therefore a high-efficiency product close to 0.9 ... which does not exist commercially (except for Polar USA), if you are very rich. or cheap if you make it yourself

Legally prohibited on open roads in France without homologation
Possible on a boat.

Do you have a boat?
0 x
----------------------------------------------

Think global act local ...
et
Do good, that is not emmerdée!

-----------------------------------------------
ggdorm
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by ggdorm » 26/08/10, 20:31

I live in Belgium. Many buggy pgo type vehicles and their 1-seater Chinese version are approved. The papers circulate very easily and the blank plates are everywhere. All the more the mopeds have no technical control, all modifications are allowed. It is for this reason that we find dax with 3 wheels and other fantasies. I have 1 frame with the plate on it.
Insurance-wise, everything is insured, even undocumented motorcycles :D...
0 x
kistinie
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by kistinie » 26/08/10, 21:10

Obviously, in a free country, it's simpler.

To make your group, Kelly 5 Kw motor + 5 Kw controller = 850 $
Total efficiency 85 to 90%, programmable and replaces the starter

A tri diode bridge can replace the controller, so just $ 450 for the elect motor, but provide an overload prevention that cuts the group and a rope to start
0 x

et

ggdorm
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by ggdorm » 26/08/10, 21:26

Why a 5 kW motor? A power of 800 watt on a 2 hp motor at the output of my generator must suit me ... I have a very fast charger which works in 250 watt 220 volts and gives 22 amperes continuously at the output ...
0 x
kistinie
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by kistinie » 26/08/10, 22:36

2CV or 1.5Kw

You can look for an engine of only 1.5 Kw cheaper, that is enough in effect, but the smaller it is and used at the nominal power ... the less it is reliable.
0 x

et

ggdorm
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by ggdorm » 26/08/10, 22:53

Voila, in fact I just thought about it with a friend and we compared the consumption of the generator set found with that of a mower engine and the difference is not huge.
Is it possible to change the lens with a 24 volt propulsion motor. I would then get a 2.5 hp mower engine driving 2 car alternators.

In fact in all that leaves me most puzzled is the 1000 watt motor in 24 or 36 volt. Will it be able, with a variable reduction, to train the whole machine? There is for 40-50 kg empty ...
0 x
ggdorm
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by ggdorm » 26/08/10, 22:54

I hear the whole thing empty without refueling.
0 x
ggdorm
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by ggdorm » 07/09/10, 20:44

The design part on Dao software and sheet of paper has started!
0 x