Future heat pump and service life, be careful!

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Future heat pump and service life, be careful!

by chatelot16 » 23/08/10, 13:29

Hello

I open a new subject so as not to mix with other ... heating .... and obsolescence!

another example of a victim's exasperation
Finally, what is the real guaranteed lifetime of your heat pump?

The models change every 3 years, the refrigerator fluids standardized every 5 years, so that your model is to be changed well before 10 years at the slightest serious breakdown, like refilling the refrigerant that has become prohibited and not found (my personal case !!) !!

So long-term depreciation with savings is in practice impossible !!!

Standards and companies shamelessly rip off !!

An architect made me install an air air heat pump from the most reliable manufacturer (in Japan) in the Var for the winter!
3 years after the lightning strike on the house set fire to my heat pump which with its long copper pipes served as a lightning rod!
Repair almost impossible because the model is no longer done and luckily we find a last one not yet sold !!!
To make it work I had to solve the problem myself because the installer couldn't do it !! But he had left to invoice me for all his trips due to his incapacity, 1000 € saved with trips of 80Km each time !!
But he warned me 3 years after installation! no more question of having a breakdown, because everything will have to be changed and repaid as for a new heat pump 3 years after installation !!!

This week I received a letter from the installer, warning me that the fluid of the time (2002) became prohibited and that therefore it recommends me to preventively change my heat pump entirely, because it will not be able to ensure the recharge in fluid become impossible to find because prohibited, more than € 15000 in the trash (2 floors to heat), with the small commercial flower of recovery for € 300 !!

I will try to store refill fluid before it becomes impossible to find because prohibited, but fight in sight !!

You are certain that current fluids will be banned in the future, a real income for manufacturers !!

It's like pesticides, old banned for new ones to be banned in the future, until we realize that they are also dangerous!

As a result, I would never issue a PAC, a real repetitive scam machine.

why throw away heat pumps as soon as the bad gas is no longer available, or as soon as the electronic bazaar is no longer available!

when you buy a heat pump you buy a compressor and exchangers, which can be used with all kinds of gas: the main thing is to have the exact technical data to not do anything

badly fucked up heat pumps must be sold second hand so that competent people can rebuild others better!

of course the average customer is not able to do it alone, but he can at least demand complete information on what he buys

badly burned heat pumps thrown away after a few years must be a source of cheap spare parts for those who will be able to do better

the oldest R12 and R22 freon compressors were naturally compatible with the R600a and R290 which are the best gas currently available for PAC: it is quite simply butane and propane!

a few hundred grams of propane in a cap presents no ecological danger: it just requires some fire safety precaution, but less serious than a propane boiler where there is a whole tank to empty in the house in the event of a leak

what to do to unlock the sale of used heat pump parts: stop making everyone believe that it is good for the planet to destroy and waste everything!

when a heat pump is broken because it has lost its gas, there is no longer any risk of pollution to dismantle it to reuse the pieces!

but if there is gas left, how can you force a refrigerationist to come and empty it for a reasonable price? or rather why not clearly explain to everyone how to recover the bad gas effectively

the main problem when changing the gas of a refrigerating machine is the capillary tube which serves as a regulator: it never has the right diameter and the right length to obtain the right flow rate: it sometimes did not give the right flow rate either with the original gas: the big progress is to replace it with an adjustable regulator, to be able to seek the best operation
0 x