Car: interests of electronics in vehicles

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 04/08/10, 12:53

Flytox wrote:It is nonsense this race forward always + complicated + obsolete but always + expensive and always + irreparable without any real benefit for the customer, except to have to throw his car every 5 years (become unsaleable) . : Evil:

The only real added value of electronics is for the optimization of engine parameters in relation to fuel consumption and pollution. The rest is rubbish and misuse of function (except GPS).

And then wanting to play in the backyard of others, that of software, they take a serious risk that Bill and or Gogol will take care of it and take control of world car traffic before they understand what is happening to them. Soon it will be necessary to pay for its update so that the car wants to start well (if it is not planted Crosoft obliges) : Mrgreen:
1000. Basically that is the unspeakable aim of manufacturers: to make users more and more captive.

An example: the introduction of the catalyst. There I said to myself: great, the engines will finally be more easily adjusted, there will be less pollution and it will be simpler for the user. No, it brought more and more advanced engines, which became de facto, almost irreparable if we do not have a diagnostic bench to test multiple points simultaneously. To top it all, more and more, the parts with electronic parts (or even sensors) and which are to be changed can no longer be installed without the introduction of an initialization code provided by the parent company and enter the same day into the on-board computer. Something tells me that these bastards are winning against the DIY enthusiasts ...!
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 04/08/10, 17:02

Principle with electronics:
Why make it simple when you can make it complicated, we protect our patents, we captive the entire industry, garages, customers, only profit !!!
Same for the heating with the plumbers which means that we can no longer repair the mistakes of the plumber yourself !!

I keep my old boiler free and simple !!

Similar with pellet stoves that can never burn free plant waste from a grinder !!!
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 04/08/10, 23:19

dedeleco wrote:Principle with electronics:
Why make it simple when you can make it complicated, we protect our patents, we captive the entire industry, garages, customers, only profit !!!
Same for the heating with the plumbers which means that we can no longer repair the mistakes of the plumber yourself !!

I keep my old boiler free and simple !!

Similar with pellet stoves that can never burn free plant waste from a grinder !!!

Think about it: electronics have made things impossible before, eg ABS, a completely useless gadget? ...
Your simple boiler that eats twice as much as a modern ...
For vegetable waste there are boilers that work on the same principle as pellet stoves and that use shredded wood: you have to educate yourself better than that before grumbling! : Lol:
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 05/08/10, 11:24

I am not against electronics, I am against what is difficult to repair!

good electronics can promote repair: see computer pc: in case of failure we can change the power supply, hard drive, memory, graphics card thanks to full compatibility of all brands! numerous brands competes and low prices!

in the automobile one is blocked by the unique electronic box of the manufacturer

of course for the abs it is better for security than it crashes less often than a pc: but it is not the multiplicity of compatible hardware that makes it crash it's just microsoft ... with good simple software all compatible hardware is very reliable!

then you should never mix security function, and another gadget in the same box: even if separating the functions slightly increases the new price, it's so much easier to repair then
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 05/08/10, 11:53

chatelot16 wrote:!

in the automobile one is blocked by the unique electronic box of the manufacturer

NO ... The boxes are sold to the manufacturer by equipment manufacturers ... For example ... The bosch edc45c2 calculator is mounted on a multitude of cars ... It is even available blank. The cords and other interfaces for reprogramming them are available for a few euros ...
(how do you make a screenshot ???)

Very often the calculos of abs are identical and separated from the calculos of injection or management of the cockpit ... Finally on those that I fiddle with it is the case ...
http://www.leboncoin.fr/equipement_auto ... tm?ca=12_s
0 x