compressor

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
morphy
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by morphy » 12/12/04, 13:29

Hello everyone !

I want to make a pantone burner. I just want to know where can I buy a small compressor as shown in the diagram:

Thank you
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/12/04, 14:07

The only compressors that can withstand the conditions are the compressor / vane pump. Diaphragm compressors are obviously excluded ... the volumetric piston models require a fairly significant adaptation and do not provide continuous vacuum ... except for multi-cylinder models: the more cylinders, the more continuous the flow. .but considering the powers of multicylinder compressors ... this choice is excluded

Mr David had made a custom one. I think such models are recoverable elsewhere ... but where?

At one time I inquired and the new price of such a compressor for a flame power of 10 kw approximately (based on the PCI of fuel oil) was approximately 1500 € ...

I believe that some cars are equipped (for EGR) with such a vane pump which would be adaptable ...

Voila ... keep us posted for the rest!
0 x
krissg29
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by krissg29 » 12/12/04, 23:51

Hello

The old horns for cars (Italian horn style) were supplied with air by a small vane compressor.
I don't know if that can be enough for debit. It must be found quite easily in auto breakage.

Good work
0 x
It should not be confused and ingenious engineer
Jean-Francois
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Jean-Francois » 13/12/04, 15:53

hello morphy
try to find a car compressor squarely in a breakage (a supercharging compressor) finally everything depends on the size of your burner

the ideal would be to find a screw compressor (lancia trevia 2.0I or at Mazda they fitted a 2.0 liter diesel but I don't remember the model anymore) because this model does not require too much energy

otherwise there is aa pallet (roots type) as on the mercedes slk or on qq lancia models they have mounted too ..... and of course the American muscle cars but these compressors have zero performance (50-70% on average) on the other hand they can provide enormous pressure (I have a friend who had an ankle who sent 6bars in his 487 ci)

otherwise there are also compressors from VW polo g40 golf g60 but they are not reliable over time (80000-100000KM) and extremely expensive to repair and they are all the more noisy

otherwise there are qq models with turbines (silent) driven with an epicyclic transmission roughly it's like a turbo compressor but driven by belt ....... but it's too expensive there too

cordially B)
0 x
jeff me born with a rod in one hand and a welding station in the other :-)
... ______
... / ______ \
. (00 00 = H =)
..IiI "" "" "" III Vraoummm .. !!!!!