Help with the insulation of our lost attics

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
monmon
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Help with the insulation of our lost attics

by monmon » 18/03/10, 16:38

Hello,
I want to isolate lost roof space, I am involved in mexico, I have bought a 3 year old house it is composed of an american roof with lost roof space therefore and is composed of a mezzanine as well as 2 bedrooms there is already a 200 cm glass wool insulation on the ground as well as on the walls. There is no insulation on the frame. I noticed with this very harsh winter that we undergo a difference in temperature from the staircase which goes up to the rooms and which can go up to 8 degrees of difference between the top and the bottom (breathtaking). finally i wanted to add glass wool cross as well as multilayer insulation on the walls over the glass wool. But by doing some research I thought I would put cellulose, is it better? Do I have to take everything off to put in cellulose again? what solution to adopt?
thanks in advance
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

hallucinatory

by dedeleco » 18/03/10, 17:48

read the topic somewhat similar
https://www.econologie.com/forums/conseils-i ... 71-60.html
Mind-blowing, I agree with you, but I would leave the existing insulation and put it where there is nothing, what you want, the cotton wool is better to breathe and handle than glass wool, but it must remain against the frame or the roof and therefore in good size sheets may be better, depending on what you find.
There should be no uninsulated surfaces.
With the non-insulated roof, you have a huge convection air flow: below the hot air rises to cool at the top and descends at high speed without counting the water condensation at the top and molds !!!
0 x
zorglub
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by zorglub » 22/03/10, 20:18

personally, I will put insulation sheets by letting the roof breathe well between the rafters, it is paramount for the health of the frame, and it is easy to install
0 x
every morning you look naked in a large ice after 3 minutes you will see that your home and your worst picture ......
jaffry26
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by jaffry26 » 01/04/10, 10:29

hello, I also had to insulate my attic, knowing that the% of heat loss is quite important. From what I understand, knowing that the roof is also an important source, the fact that there are attics below, increases the loss.
To see more clearly and quickly, you can go to the ADEME website, they have a whole bunch of studies and documents intended for the general public for that. For example : : Arrow: http://www.ademe.fr/particuliers/fiches/isolation_thermique/rub2.htm
0 x