Attic space for conversion cellulose wadding (insulation)

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
reglizz
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Attic space for conversion cellulose wadding (insulation)

by reglizz » 03/03/10, 17:55

Bonjour.
I present my project to you:

I live in Meurthe et Moselle in Joeuf.
I wish to insulate the habitable roof spaces of my house.
It is a house from 1960 so no insulation, the walls are made of yellow stones interspersed with cement.
The roof was redone about 8 years ago, it is a traditional frame with a rain screen (the rafters are 6 cm thick and the purlins are 20 cm thick).
The house faces east-west and is terraced on one side.

I consulted several companies in general they ask glass wool or rock wool (this does not interest me). I found two companies that apply cellulose wadding.

Here's how they do it:
-by adding counter battens (to prevent the rain barrier from touching the tiles under the pressure of cellulose wadding) then closing the rain barrier with special tape and making a formwork with the rafters and BA 13 (without forgot the vapor barrier installed on BA13). After they inject the cotton wool. For the walls they proceed in the same way (wadding blown between the wall and the vapor barrier which rests against the BA 13. The BA 13 is screwed on wooden beams attached to the walls). But my only concern is the lack of air space between the insulation and the rain shield, is this a problem?

I wanted to know if 30 cm of cellulose wadding under the roof and 20 cm of cellulose wadding on the walls was enough?
Will the slope of the roof not produce a packing of the cotton wool at the level of the purlin under the ridge? (I had the visit of a person who places cotton wool in the roof, and he told me that the slope made the cotton wool settle down)

Thank you in advance for your answers.
0 x
moby25
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by moby25 » 06/03/10, 21:25

Hello

I do think that cotton wool injected into formwork under a slope will settle over time.
I didn't know it was happening.
For me it is more suitable for lost roof spaces.

If you want something more "green" than rock wool, find out about wood wool panels, but it's not cheap.
0 x
reglizz
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by reglizz » 07/03/10, 17:15

Thank you for the answer...
I have received a quote from isoleco for the moment but it is overpriced (around 13000 euros) ... I am trying to see for hemp wool or wood wool ... but I find no installer in lorraine ...
0 x
moby25
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by moby25 » 07/03/10, 18:03

It is a big problem in France. As soon as you think outside the box, glass wool, rock wool etc ... hard to find a contractor ...

€ 13000 is a bit expensive! : Mrgreen:

This is my personal opinion, but the best compromise in your case is wood wool.

Because it's "green" (apparently that's what you're looking for) and it's better suited for roof slopes than blown cotton wool
0 x
reglizz
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by reglizz » 08/03/10, 20:31

I just received a glass wool quote ... and it's the opposite it's very inexpensive (3000 euros), at this price the entrepreneur this crazy about my mouth is going to ask glass wool to 2 euro per m2 from brico depot ....
I am looking for wood wool or hemp installers in the Great East ...
0 x
ben837
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by ben837 » 21/03/10, 17:37

Hello
I give you an interesting link on the subject " http://www.greenpeace.org/belgium/fr/gu ... /materiaux "and I do not understand your apprehensions about an estimate of 3000 € (too well paid) which seems too cheap to you to be honest whereas in your case, it is obvious in terms of labor that must be sought because very easy to install.
It is a job that you can do yourself with the help of madam in one day (very light and handy for 2) by saving at least half of the initial 3000 € (lathing possibly to be planned depending on the roof)
Of course if for you, what is cheap is bad, you are free to support people at 13000 € who take advantage of a late but beneficial awareness to do everything except ecology
I point out to you that the rock wool panels are 100% recyclable and that in the case of habitable rooms, it is vapor permeable, which benefits the ventilation of the housing
It is even possible, because not all demolishers are savages, to buy second-hand and maybe even for nothing because they are light materials, without market value but bulky hence the interest of recycling
Ultimately you could get paid to get rid of them: cheesy:
So at least try to recycle what is difficult to eliminate but which does not pollute especially if merchants of mud, straw, flax, paper or other prevent their reuse to make a deal
Finally given the current context, it is necessary to take back the economy of course but not at any price but it is another subject : Cheesy:
0 x
Ecowatt 850
Pac Mitsubishi Zubadan (3ans)
Pac Mitsubishi Power Inverter (6may)
Use Pac Westinghouse for 29 years