Help and advice on insulation for work

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Christophe

Help and advice on insulation for work

by Christophe » 22/07/09, 15:46

We have more and more request for insulation aids : as much on the choice of a material (ecological or not) as much on the techniques to be used. That's great because insulation, we can never say it enough, is the number one priority for saving energy!

There is no point in changing a boiler to gain 20% efficiency if you still have poor or poor insulation (40 to 50% go through the roof which is generally the most easily insulated) because these 20% will go up in smoke if I dare say and the investment will never pay off!

I create a subject to enlighten you on how to apply for insulation assistance on these forums.

To better advise you, we need as much information as possible:
- current type of insulation
- type of structure to be insulated (surface, wall, roof space, roof slope ... etc)
- type of heating
- your current heating budget
- natural or ecological insulation desired? Yes No ?
- whether you want to do it yourself or not
- your approximate budget for this work
- some photos to illustrate you / us will also help

Do you see any other info to ask?

Here is an example of a very detailed insulation assistance request, therefore to follow:

https://www.econologie.com/forums/choix-d-un ... t7900.html
0 x
aerialcastor
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by aerialcastor » 23/07/09, 11:25

The place where the house is located (we do not insulate the same from hot and cold)
The orientation of the house (management of solar gains)
0 x
reglizz
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

which insulation to choose?

by reglizz » 03/03/10, 17:51

Bonjour.
I present my project to you:

I live in Meurthe et Moselle in Joeuf.
I wish to insulate the habitable roof spaces of my house.
It is a house from 1960 so no insulation, the walls are made of yellow stones interspersed with cement.
The roof was redone about 8 years ago, it is a traditional frame with a rain screen (the rafters are 6 cm thick and the purlins are 20 cm thick).
The house faces east-west and is terraced on one side.

I consulted several companies in general they ask glass wool or rock wool (this does not interest me). I found two companies that apply cellulose wadding.

Here's how they do it:
-by adding counter battens (to prevent the rain barrier from touching the tiles under the pressure of cellulose wadding) then closing the rain barrier with special tape and making a formwork with the rafters and BA 13 (without forgot the vapor barrier installed on BA13). After they inject the cotton wool. But my only concern is the lack of air space between the insulation and the rain shield, is this a problem?

I wanted to know if 30 cm of cellulose wadding under the roof and 20 cm of cellulose wadding on the walls was enough?
Will the slope of the roof not produce a packing of the cotton wool at the level of the purlin under the ridge? (I had the visit of a person who places cotton wool in the roof, and he told me that the slope made the cotton wool settle down)

Thank you in advance for your answers.
Last edited by reglizz the 03 / 03 / 10, 17: 53, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

Re: which insulation to choose?

by Christophe » 03/03/10, 17:53

reglizz wrote:Bonjour.
I present my project to you:

Copy / paste your message in a new subject by clicking on "new" on this page: https://www.econologie.com/forums/confort-th ... -vf67.html
0 x
reglizz
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by reglizz » 03/03/10, 17:54

please
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."