Roulez-vert.fr

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 19/01/10, 09:00

Citro said:

("administrative" restriction of the range extender).

Explain, STP.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 19/01/10, 09:59

elephant wrote:Citro said:
("administrative" restriction of the range extender).

Explain, STP.
The vehicle is approved as an electric vehicle, not a hybrid.
The range extender only works if you are driving at more than 70kmh, which is stupid, for example in the mountains or you cannot reach this speed when you are in great need of additional power as the battery capacity decreases faster ...

I could develop but there would be enough to write a book and I am not the es-kangoo ER expert ...
0 x
roll green
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by roll green » 19/01/10, 10:50

Hello Citro,

I totally agree with you, it is not because we drive in gasoline hybrid that we will consume less and pollute less in C0².

The Prius 3 roulez-vert.fr/index.php?page=voitures&marque=101&art=11 consumes 3,9 liters per 100km and releases 89g / km of CO².

The New Polo Bluemotion STOP & START roulez-vert.fr/index.php?page=voitures&art=18 consumes 3,3 liters per 100km for a discharge of 87g / km and yet it is a 3-cylinder diesel thermal engine developing 75hp.

Certainly the Prius does better with its size of higher category as well as its 136ch, but thus proves that driving a hybrid is not necessarily greener than driving with economical diesel.

We share the same opinion, and that is why rebalancing the hybrid / economical diesel balance deserves to be done in a current context where portfolio savings are more than welcome! Indeed the Polo almost costs
10 euros less.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 19/01/10, 13:00

I had the pleasure of driving this weekend in the Prius 2 of "double hybrid", well known to forums Prius and electric vehicles. He himself recognized that the architecture chosen by Toyota was bad and accumulated mechanical losses while complicating the vehicle without valid justification ...

Organizer crossing the Alps by EV and hybrid, he told me that this year and for the first time the prius 2 had won the Mobil'éco label with less than 4 liters per 100km consumed during the event.

The Panhard PL17 (or Dyna Z) was a benchmark in terms of econological vehicle with its efficient aerodynamics, its record habitability (6 places), its sufficient performance (130 to 145 km / h) and its reasonable consumption (less than 6 liters per 100 km). All this with an 850 cc engine developing 3 to 40 DIN horsepower (50 to 50 hp SAE).

Which manufacturer will dare to offer an equivalent vehicle, developing just the power needed (less than 70 to 90hp, or 50kW) to drive at a maximum speed bridled to less than 140 km / h.
:?:
0 x
roll green
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by roll green » 19/01/10, 14:05

Ah well Citro, it is the eternal law of supply and demand that pushes manufacturers to sell powerful vehicles, because they have accustomed consumers to this kind of vehicle.

Very few customers "regress" in power when they change cars, which is why there are many more large displacement hybrids (S400, RX450H, LS650H etc) than small displacement hybrids.

We must reinvent the automobile, but above all re-educate consumers.

Fan since my youngest age of the automobile, I saw myself driving the Diablo SV without worrying about pollution because we didn't even talk about it at the time. Now, although I'm still a fan, this ecological dynamic would force me to drive clean, but how can I combine the two? A hybrid during the week and a thermal sports car at the weekend? because green sports cars are too expensive (see Tesla, Kisker or Kepler)

I think that we must already mourn the automobile as we have known and still know. Why not rethink transport, even "automobile"? Because the first definition is an object moving to move us from point A to point B!

Why then let the motorist own his speed if it is to subsequently fine him?

Taxing cars on their CO2 emissions is one thing; the state should simply curb the engine capacity in order to respond to efficient and not superfluous engine power.

I therefore support your relevant remark, and for the pilots, let them go on the circuit!

The state must play its role and legislate, not to destroy and smear the image of the automobile, but to destroy the car / engine combination. By dissociating the container from the content, we preserve the automobile and even enrich it by offering it new perspectives for the future!

Look at the evolution of computers in 10 years, and now the evolution of cars ... let's say the last 20 years. Nothing has changed, or maybe if we consume less and have more power with an engine of the same displacement, but no revolution has appeared.

It's time for manufacturers to change the game! But for that they will have to comply with the oil lobbying ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 19/01/10, 14:25

roulez-vert wrote:
The New Polo Bluemotion STOP & START roulez-vert.fr/index.php?page=voitures&art=18 consumes 3,3 liters per 100km for a discharge of 87g / km and yet it is a 3-cylinder diesel thermal engine developing 75hp.

Certainly the Prius does better with its size of higher category as well as its 136ch, but thus proves that riding a hybrid is not necessarily greener than driving with economical diesel.

And my C1 transformed into LPG, you thought of escaping it!

95 g of CO² / km, certainly. But also much less other emissions (it's not just CO²). No particles (which bothers me with Diesel - a priori the Polo has a FAP ???). And a cost, in November, with all the bonuses / scrappage bonus of € 7 (including LPG conversion) / 700-door version ...

Okay, it's not the same size! However, at 4 without luggage (ballad exit, cinema exit), we now use it ...
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."