Unsustainable warming .....

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unsustainable warming .....

by jean63 » 30/01/06, 17:03

..............said Tony Blair (I can't believe my ears) !!!

Less expensive solutions which what is currently implemented exist"...... that's what the report says .... did you read Christophe well? the pantone system is surely one of them? : Arrow:

Monday 30 January 2006

Earth warms at "unsustainable" rate, says London

The increase in greenhouse gases is causing the climate to heat up at a rate that is "unsustainable" and the consequences of which could be faster and more serious than expected, the British government says in a new report.

The ice caps around the two poles could start to melt in the next century due to global warming due to the increase in these emissions, the government said.

"It is now evident that the emission of greenhouse gases, associated with industrialization and the economic growth of a world population which has multiplied by six in 200 years, is causing global warming at a rate which is unsustainable, "said Prime Minister Tony Blair in the preface to this report.

"The risks of climate change may well be greater than we thought," warns Blair.

The report, entitled "Avoiding dangerous climate change", compiles the work of scientists gathered in February 2005 at a conference on climate change, held in Exeter (south-west of England).

He says there is now "more clarity and less uncertainty" about the impact of climate change than their 2001 report by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) thought .

He said at the time that "there is strong evidence that climate change due to human greenhouse gas emissions is already happening and that future greenhouse gas emissions are likely to increase temperatures between 1,4 and 5,8 degrees Celsius during this century, with a wide range of impacts on nature and human societies. "

However, says the British government report, "in many cases the risks are more serious than previously estimated".

For example, he cites "the recent change in ocean acidity", which "is likely to reduce the ability to absorb carbon dioxide (CO2) from the atmosphere and affect the marine food chain as a whole".

And with such increases in the average temperature of the Earth, the consequences on the geography of the planet will be major, scientists say.

According to them, an increase of 1,5 degrees celsius on a global scale could thus be a threshold that triggers the melting of the Greenland ice cap, while an increase in global temperature of about 1 degree could lead coral bleaching.

The report also estimates [i] that technological solutions to significantly reduce emissions exist, and their cost could be "smaller", sometimes half as much, as those considered so far.

A range of options "is necessary and excluding any option will increase costs", he said, referring in particular to the trading of CO2 emission allowances. [/ I]
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 30/01/06, 17:29

The ice caps around the two poles could start to melt in the next century due to global warming due to the increase in these emissions, the government said.

I thought it was already melting. but they won't
may be counted at the next conference ... In 5 years ... : Cry:
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 30/01/06, 18:14

Yeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssss ........................... : Mrgreen: : Idea: :!: :D :P
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 30/01/06, 21:28

"The risks of climate change may well be greater than we thought," warns Blair.

Lol, you said that.

However, says the British government report, "in many cases the risks are more serious than previously estimated".

From one estimate to the other ... they end up having an idea of
what awaits us.
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 30/01/06, 22:55

And to say that we could avoid that with all the technical knowledge of this beginning of the 21st century !!!!!
Almost everything is just a matter of money: if we all had solar panels (hot water collectors) and photovoltaic, already that would be not bad, especially in the countries of the South and in the mountains.
However, it has been 30 years that environmentalists have been talking about it ..... I have been aware of it since I was very young ... 50s because I was born in a mill by the water, and from that time I became aware of the risk of pollution that we run .... but we do not imagine that everything that happened will happen.
All these stupid exchanges by plane, camoin, ... etc when we could produce locally and exchange by non-polluting ways but the economic system makes do aberrant things for the only need of the output, the speed, the debility pure ........

Long live the American Indians ...... the earth is taking revenge for what the white people of Europe have done to them .....
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 31/01/06, 00:58

Even meteorological consult speaks of climate change:
http://www.meteoconsult.fr/publicator/p ... ation=1837
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
yahi
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by yahi » 31/01/06, 13:08

yes, good cold winters and very hot summers!
what a bright future: skiing and beach! in short, we don't change vacation habits!
you have to find something good in all this shit!
:?

yahi
0 x
When will we have the right to stop using oil?
Free object!
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/01/06, 13:38

lau wrote:Even meteorological consult speaks of climate change:
http://www.meteoconsult.fr/publicator/p ... ation=1837

Well ... still happy right? : Mrgreen:

Besides, in this regard I never understood the following paradox: 20 million French people look at the weather more or less daily and how many are involved (near or far) in the fight against climate change ??

Then some people will say to me: "Yes but ... warming is long term not tomorrow .... people don't care" .... Ok there is that ... but tomorrow is very relative all the same ...
0 x