Help on making an electric moped

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
soulinscraps
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by soulinscraps » 14/10/09, 18:52

well I don't see why it annoys me since it's true, I don't know much about it, that's why I went to this place forum.

speaking of my ignorance, could you explain to me, Alain, what a dimmer is, its usefulness, its composition and where I can find that.
another question, I think I know (stop me if I'm wrong) that lead batteries are in DC but are the electrical elements of a car also in DC? it seems to me in any case that an alternator is in AC which implies the presence of a box between the alternator and the battery?

Thanks again to everyone
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 14/10/09, 20:32

soulinscraps wrote:well I don't see why it annoys me since it's true, I don't know much about it, that's why I went to this place forum.

speaking of my ignorance, could you explain to me, Alain, what a dimmer is, its usefulness, its composition and where I can find that.
another question, I think I know (stop me if I'm wrong) that lead batteries are in DC but are the electrical elements of a car also in DC? it seems to me in any case that an alternator is in AC which implies the presence of a box between the alternator and the battery?

Thanks again to everyone

Glad you were not upset because it was not the goal!

When I speak of variator, I speak of the box which controls the speed of the motor.

Indeed, the car components all work on DC, the car alternator can very well be used to charge the batteries but the idea of ​​putting an alternator plus a motor means that you will have problems with the weight and positioning of all these components .

Most alternators have their own regulators.

A brushed DC motor is an excellent generator also that's why I suggested you use 2, and for variable control, it's better to buy a ready made one otherwise you will tear your hair out after several tries with different components available and not suitable for your project.
:D
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
soulinscraps
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by soulinscraps » 14/10/09, 23:17

ok, great, you really help me move forward, as far as positioning is concerned, I should be able to get out of it by taking into account the directions of rotation and making custom fasteners, as far as the variator is concerned, I should also able to find something.

I will first try to find sources for each of the elements I need before putting everything together and doing the first test, I will continue to keep you posted
0 x
farenight56
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by farenight56 » 08/01/10, 00:52

Hello

I strongly advise you to use light materials for your chassis, aluminum or steel, may be in small diameter tubes.
Fit with DH enduro parts you will optimize comfort and safety
As for the voltage variator, you can accompany it with an MTB transmission. Just couple the motor with the crankset which will send the movement to the wheel.
With a DH crankset mounted with a road bike cassette you can get a lot of speed.
You will have to keep the crankset to keep the bike spirit, you can mount it the other way and remanufactured the other side of the hub to place a freewheel 14 or 16 teeth. This is a good project but it may require you work and money.
Tell me again and I'll send you diagrams.
0 x
devilbrequin
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Help on making an electric moped

by devilbrequin » 08/01/10, 09:26

Hello,
There have already been some fact tests and this is promising : Lol:
but it takes a certain habit because the machine is fiery

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqboa_ ... trique_fun
0 x
The more I learn, the more I measure my ignorance.