Cars: reliability ranking of brands, from 1984 ...

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
sam17
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sam17 » 06/11/09, 11:17

Super this topic !!! I had looked for the news a few months ago without much success.

Funny statistics from the 80s. My father had a Talbo horizon that he hated, yet he never had a single breakdown, despite falling in a port. : Shock: due to a forgotten hand brake. Sacred reliability even! I do not imagine the same thing with a contemporary moderator.

He ended up selling it to a fan of this model.
0 x
--
Patience is a tree whose root is bitter, and whose fruits are very sweet.
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 06/11/09, 11:47

It is clear that the Japanese have earned their reputation, hat

For Renault, for example, the engine blocks are the most resistant on the market, but electronics often hurt on the 2000 to 2005 models.

since 2005 and the release of the new clioIII, laguna, mega, reliability, finish, road handling have gone upmarket

try it and see for yourself

From year to year, the general quality improves with all manufacturers

The reference is still among the Germans, the vehicles still cost a third at double the Renault / Citroën tariff.
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 06/11/09, 11:58

Maximus Leo: thank you for this contribution, which allows this "visibility" to be extended to brands (I updated the title for the year and added a link to your statistical contribution).

Capt_Maloche: Mmwoué ..not really agree. There is a calculation on the part of European manufacturers behind it. There are some models of attractive small cars (reliable and relatively inexpensive to buy). Now it is known that small cars are often chosen as "gateway to the automotive world" by young drivers. That where the shoe pinches: it is the price of the vehicle with the purchase (one catches up on the spare parts) ... Then after one remains faithful to the mark (and all is suddenly very expensive: the purchase , parts, repairs that follow each other at a sustained pace).

Because if the Renault have robust engines (like other Europeans) it's all there "around" that is expensive and this is where the profit center ratio is expressed ...

And then to say that "quality is increasing" is really a step forward. I recently took the example of Nevada, but also that of the Mégane. I have a relative who had both plus an Espace and I can say that he had twice the maintenance costs with his almost new vehicles than with my vehicles between 12 and 140 years of age and between 00 ' 250 and 000 km (Nissan Vanette, Honda Civic and Subaru Justy).

Basically I would say that if from some point of view "the apparent quality" has increased. She regressed and the maintenance has really become "unfriendly", or practically beyond the reach of the good "handyman" (have you read everything about this capt'ain?).
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 06/11/09, 13:05

Boaf, the tinker of recent models is still within my reach 8)
for proof, my Vel Satis full options which I have already partially stripped (I like to know how the products I use work)

A "modern" car is around 6000 references

If the quality of a seat is not likely to leave you on the side of the road, it is different for certain engine or electronic components.

a bad choice on a connector, an injector, a pump or a simple component and that's it, the whole vehicle is questioned ...

No, it's not that simple

For the example, I had a lot of renault (R5, R19II, R21, Espace III and IV, Twingo, Vel Satis and Clio) I never stayed on the side of the road

it is also a question of preventive maintenance, and as I do not trust the garage owners, I do most of my maintenance, I go around my vehicles regularly to settle any problems before
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 06/11/09, 13:39

+1 with Cptn Maloche!

The very tight maintenance of the Japanese dealerships is without a doubt the best of all.

I have changed my oil myself since I asked 2 dealers to lubricate the simple door hinges, which has never been done, even if I mentioned to them and that it must be done in the manufacturer's list.

We can no longer grease our suspension and pipe parts because they have eliminated the grease fittings, he buys parts made in China to reduce the cost, fortunately the best quality replacement parts sold are available.

The Japanese force changes the transmission oil while the Americans do not focus on the manufacturer's recommendations.

I had a very good dealer who when replacing the oil the guy walked around the car and applied liberating in the locks, the hinges and on all the small traces of corrosion applied an anti-rust coating, unfortunately they closed.
: Evil:
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain