Advocacy for citizen wind turbines!

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Advocacy for citizen wind turbines!

by Lietseu » 19/10/09, 19:13

Hello everyone, aware of the brakes that we keep putting on the wind, I allow you to send you a letter received via one of our members, here are the contents:

Advocacy for citizen wind turbines (carte blanche Jean-François Mitsch, speaks in a personal capacity)

I have devoted myself for two years to the development of wind power in Wallonia. Wind power structures our landscape and changes it sustainably: this is one of the reasons for the strong mobilization of residents when a project arrives in a municipality, but the mobilization of recent months has its origin in the convergence of economic and environmental concerns (and social).

From meeting to conference, from congress to working group, I finally wonder how things will develop. The political groups know the situation and yet the demands of the associations and federations remain without follow-up, it is radio silence. No response from politicians to proposals and criticisms. (Inter Environnement Wallonie, Vents de raison, Fédération Enercoop)

We are talking about installing 500 wind turbines in Wallonia, an investment in wind energy of 1,5 billion euros. A possible revenue of some 200 million euros / year for our municipalities if they were involved in the majority in the development of these renewable energies. In this period of recession and shrinking budgets, one may wonder what they are waiting for to throw themselves into the adventure and try to recover certain revenues. It should be noted that today, the annual wind revenue in Wallonia for all wind turbines and for all of the municipalities represents only around 500.000 €.

Ask the promoters for explanations on their business plan, you get no answer, what should they hide from us? Explanation: A wind turbine (+ - 3,5 million euros) is financed at 20% from equity (and subsidies) 80% by a bank loan. This investment can be recovered in 10 years (at the current price of electricity). After reimbursing the banks, it generates a considerable profit of 400.000 euros / wind turbine / year.

Impact on the level of the individual: By associating 1.400 families, it takes 260 euros per family to finance a wind turbine, the balance via banks and the subsidy. We therefore have ample resources to finance the development of wind power. It is the consumer who will pay the bill, and whatever happens, he pays more and more expensive energy. (Our annual electricity bill is 750 euros / year including 312 € to pay energy to the producer and supplier. A wind turbine produces the equivalent of the consumption of 1400 families!)

So where's the problem ? Is the dossier too complex or does the interest of a few private actors dominate political actors? The question is asked given the non-action of the public authorities and the overflowing activity of some firms to capture our resources. However, we have the means to finance and organize our territory sustainably: let's take advantage of it!

In these times of crisis where we constantly talk about reducing financial means, it is time to develop profitable projects ... What a serious industrial player in the wind sector would not be willing to a public procurement procedure, guarantor of public utility of a project?

To install a wind turbine, it is necessary to have the right of the ground, and if possible a ground where there is wind but there is no regional planning nor wind study on the scale of the region or the provinces: there is a risk of land speculation, we say to the Region, yet it can expropriate land as part of a public utility project. The Region does not expropriate, it gives way to haggling over land. At the expense of the population who see that the right of the land is not the same for everyone and suffered a chaotic development of projects. It is bordering on the ridiculous given the strategic, financial and industrial challenges. (there is no spatial planning for wind power or for other renewable energies)

Let's mobilize to finance a local and renewable energy infrastructure. This would give each of us the opportunity, after extensive reflection, both technical and economic, to appropriate solutions like wind power.

Do we want to let the market alone take over the major challenges of this century? The role of the citizen has never been so important and that of the politician so fascinating. What will they do with it? We are at the start of a new century. It is time to build a real public-private-citizen partnership. I therefore launch an appeal to those who want to act concretely in the evolution of our territory to come together to reflect on the magnificent potentials of our provinces for all renewable energies ... an example of concertation and partnership for Wallonia and our children .

Aeolian-Citizen Petition

http://www.5step.com/petition/eoliennes-citoyennes.html

Mitsch Jean-Francois 0495298815 mitsch@mitsch.be

I thank in advance those of you who want to answer this call and hope to do a little good for our planet and our health through econology ...

Meow :P
Last edited by Lietseu the 19 / 10 / 09, 19: 17, 1 edited once.
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/10/09, 19:14

Read also: http://www.emissions-zero.com/2008/08/e ... ssons.html

I want shares! Where should I sign? : Cheesy:

Collective renewable energy is an idea that is gaining ground in forums since almost the beginning ... but few have been the possibilities to take action.

Change in the air then?
0 x

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."