Solar car: the Sunraycer of 1987

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Solar car: the Sunraycer of 1987

by I Citro » 21/07/08, 23:58

I found an article on this machine having participated in the "Pentax World Solar Challenge" which has since become "World Solar Challenge".

Knowing a little this event and one of his participants, mounted on a podium in 1996, I am changing performance.

I was however impressed by the characteristics of the machine.
I could not help but share this rare article in French.

It is from the May 139 For Science magazine 1989

Good reading, I await your remarks ... : Arrowl:
0 x
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 22/07/08, 07:44

Hello citro.

Very interesting and rare in French.
I saw that last year was the 8 th edition, what it should be a comparison of developments.

I saw on a video or the winner of last year would have an average of 93km / h.

On the other hand, in another area, when Ford repaired the orion, I realized that in the same category, the news was given for about 5.5l.

The salesman told me much more efficient engine, but on the other hand> 1T500 against <1T100 at the orion.

Airbag, Clim, Support insane.

: Cheesy: and why not organize a solar race with our governing representative, I think we would have a big advantage :)
a + claude
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 22/07/08, 08:45

clasou wrote:Hello citro.

Very interesting and rare in French.
I saw that last year was the 8 th edition, what it should be a comparison of developments.

It is an excellent idea! I would add that a comparison of costs / performance would be interesting to compare the economic accessibility to these technologies ...

clasou wrote:I saw on a video or the winner of last year would have an average of 93km / h.

And already 67km / h of average in 1987 with peaks at 130kmh

clasou wrote: : Cheesy: Why not organize a solar race with our governing representatives, I think we would have a big advantage :)
a + claude

The ideal would be to have lights ... I think we are rather governed by black holes that only absorb (our cash) without any return ... but we are HS ... : Lol:
0 x
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 22/07/08, 09:00

To continue in the HS,
I will say rather bottomless wells. When yielding they have a reflection effect on their mental mirror.
You just have to watch them on TV, when they say bullshit, and when you can convince yourself.

In the field, trading is said to be 'it: before knowing how much your position will bring you, in the right direction.

In France we have the opposite position, no need to know if you are in the right direction the question how much will it bring back.

But to come back, about if you have the links knowledge (English) and time.
and can even be cost price or team monitoring (country).
Besides we have no team, normal we do not have a long enough extension : Cheesy:
a + claude
0 x
minguinhirigue
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by minguinhirigue » 22/07/08, 09:25

To make a competition of the same type in France, it's more a repetition of the eco-shell marathon, and we still have not the same sunshine as on the red island!

5 395 km / l fuel (equivalent petrol) thanks to a hydrogen fuel cell, for the ETH Zurich team at the eco-shell marathon.

They also have solar vehicles, but their performance is worse!
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 22/07/08, 12:54

: Arrow: The person I know who participated in the World Solar Challenge also participated in the Eco Marathon Shell with a Solar Vehicle.
: Mrgreen:

The conditions and regulations of the Eco Marathon are very different from those of the WSC ...
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 24/07/08, 13:40

: Arrow: this car appears in the article on the Sunraycer:

It is a Swiss manufacture that has been produced.
I've already seen surfing the web, but I do not remember what's called the machine ...

I even found a site that used to sell it ...

If a charitable soul could tell me more about it ... : Cry:
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 09/09/08, 23:22

: Arrow: I just found the vehicle above. : Arrowu:
It's about HORLACHER GL-88 EGG, more often referred to as "EGG"
This vehicle created by Max HORLACHER was the first "e-Mobile" produced by Horlacher. Its production began in 1988 and ended in 1990.
It measures 2,55 m long, 1,31 m wide and 1,42 m high and weighs 300kg, including batteries.
It is equipped with 11 12V Levo GT55 contact batteries, a mass of 150kg.
Its asynchronous engine delivers 8kw, which makes it possible to propel the machine at a top speed of 80 km / h, its autonomy is 100km.
The production was about 32 vehicles.

This one seems more recent and would be an EI model.

The company specializing in fiberglass body panels has made other prototypes.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 10/10/09, 12:53

:D I had the pleasure of meeting this week Lucien GIOL who exhibited his last Sunracer, the Formula SolarE within the EXOSUN's appointment as well as the 3th day of eco-technologies to the Bordeaux Montesquieu Technopole.
Here is the excerpt of a CNRS article on the 2ème rally PHEBUS (2001) or Lucien GIOL is quoted:
... a solar vehicle to participate in the World Solar Challenge (WSC), a prestigious international race for solar vehicles. Following a successful first participation in 1996, with the Heliotrope vehicle hired by Lucien Giol and his "France For World Solar Challenge" team, ranked 3e in its category, this new project, associating two engineering schools in Toulouse, ENSEEIHT1 and ENSICA2, was initiated under the supervision of the Laboratory of Electrical Engineering and Industrial Electronics, the LEEI, associated with the CNRS. Solelhada has innovations that will enable it to participate in the world's best Sunracers at 6 ° WSC: the Solar Odyssey 2001, 18 at 28 November 2001 in Australia.
A high-tech project with a societal dimension
These solar vehicles, with the extreme specifications, constitute an original support of research works aimed at an increased control of the energy:
their solar panels, provide power less than 1500 W, just that of a hair dryer. At 60 km / h, they consume the energy equivalent of one liter of petrol for 1000 km!
To meet this challenge, they embark on the most efficient technologies:
most advanced solar cells and batteries, ultra-light structures, ultra-fine aero-dynamic, special tires, motors and very high efficiency electronics.
This high technology takes a real societal dimension because it clearly aims at saving energy and protecting the environment ...

The vehicle in photo has much superior performance and a state of the art in 2009 would be expected ...
0 x