Number of cycles of a battery

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 29/09/09, 00:17

Okay, thanks Citro. Good here, I can not go back by the fact that I just bought them. Should they be discharged (and by how many %) before recharging them or is it better not to wait to increase their lifespan?

[EDIT] well here I went for a ride on your Citro link. It's actually not that simple...

What I have to do if I have "understood" everything correctly is to measure the discharge of my batteries to calculate their true "capacity" (VS that announced on the packaging... which most of the time is not not the same)...

And there, I did not really capture the way to proceed. The author of the site says that it takes a discharge current of 10% of full capacity for 16 hours (in my case it will be 10% of 2500 mAh right?)... But why damn 16h : Shock: and how do I find something that will discharge it to 250 mAh... How many watts of consumption does that correspond to?

After 16 p.m. how do I measure the residual capacity of the supposed starting 2500 mAh. Do I have to do voltage pointing measurements — for example every 1/2 hour? If so how do I convert that to mAh. Is that how you get to determine the threshold?

And how do I validate or not if the power displayed is "in the nails"? What should I convert and how...?

In short, I swim .....................

As a measuring device I have a "lambda" voltmeter which can measure mV DC, Ohms, "A" spicyor

So, even a site for "beginner" I do not understand, big sucker that I am : Mrgreen: : Cheesy: :D :D
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 29/09/09, 08:47

: Arrow: Well here we go back to the electricity initialtion course:
Ohm's law: U=RI and P=UI
U=volt
R=Ohm
I=Ampere
P=Watts

So: P= 250mA x 1.2V = 0.25A x 1.2 = 0.3W or 300mW
But that doesn't get us very far...

It seems to me more appropriate to unload in a resistor supporting the power calculated previously:
R=U/I i.e. 1.2v / 0.25A = 4.8 Ohms.
Here is. Seems weak to me though... :?:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 29/09/09, 10:02

Wow, that's a long way off... No precise memory of the mebon formulas. 8)

This is what he says on his site again (3rd para before the end):
http://www.ni-cd.net/accusphp/pratique/ ... odossier=2
Rated capacity defined in paragraph 1.3.8: "Quantity of electricity C5Ah (ampere-hours) indicated by the manufacturer, which an individual cell is capable of supplying at the reference discharge rate of 0,2 It A up to a final voltage of 1,0V at +20°C after charge, rest and discharge, under the conditions specified in article 4".

Article 4 therefore sets the conditions for electrical tests:
The charge for all the tests must be carried out at +20°C +/-5°C at a constant current at the rate of 1/10th of the capacity for 16 hours, the element having been previously discharged at the same temperature at 0,2 In down to 1,0V. The element must then be put to rest for at least 1 hour and at most 4 hours.
The discharge making it possible to measure the capacity is then done as seen above at the rate of 0,2 Cn at 20°C +/-5°C down to the final voltage of 1,0V.
This is something that is perfectly clear.

lol, no it's not clear...

It, In, Cn = Kesako?
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 29/09/09, 11:52

Obamot wrote:It, In, Cn = Kesako?

Their outreach page is out right now... :?
In = Rated current in A
Cn= Nominal capacity in Ah or mAh
It=???
:?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/09/09, 11:58

Same ... it would not be to distinguish charge or discharge current?

It must be indicated somewhere on the excellent site that is www.ni-cd.net ! We have already talked about it several times on the forums...
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."