Modification of a turbo stove wood stove

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
pef
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pef » 29/01/08, 14:07

Another picture....

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/01/08, 14:08

No trial between DEOM and FRANCE TURBO?

Because there it is really very very similar !!
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 29/01/08, 14:14

ouhla so there always the reheated air intake, post combustion, but the system is doubled: 2 turbos and 2 openings:

the top openings (those I called "halfway") are for the power of the machine, right?
0 x
pef
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pef » 09/01/09, 16:46

Hello,

I go up the post to say that my little stove has been running since the start of the cold season without worries ...
I just made some changes, removed the tube that brought air to the window and changed the refractory from the bottom.
I have to make a small modification on the door to prevent it from getting dirty but I have to do it with the stove off and in this weather it is not very practical : Lol:
It runs all day and I put a big log in the evening before going to bed, I put it in slow motion and the next morning the log is 3/4 consumed, I just have to put a little more hardwood on top, open the damp air and it resumes without worries.
Here it has not been extinguished for almost two weeks.
I go down once a week in a metal bucket using a kitchen skimmer. : Shock: ... no comment.
I turn the ash and leave the biggest embers so that it starts again immediately ...

So that's it ... :)
0 x
Maxime Shadock: With a staircase planned for the climb, we often manage to climb lower than we would have descended with a staircase planned for the descent ...
pef
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pef » 22/09/09, 14:03

Little up!
0 x
Maxime Shadock: With a staircase planned for the climb, we often manage to climb lower than we would have descended with a staircase planned for the descent ...
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 23/09/09, 10:15

You had changed refractory but what did you put in?
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
pef
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pef » 23/09/09, 10:31

I had put at the base on the bottom a 30 mm thick refractory slab. It was too thick, so I made a 10mm plate myself (in refractory concrete).

I gain in height and therefore I have less often to empty the ashes.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 23/09/09, 10:51

Interesting. What is its exact composition? And how did you sink it, did you cook it?
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 23/09/09, 11:20

Have you noticed a big difference in performance from 30 to 10 mm of refractory?
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
pef
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pef » 23/09/09, 21:54

Its exact composition is very complex ...

A 5kg bag from brico depot and water. : Cheesy:

The efficiency ... yes and no, in fact I have better combustion as the stove is lower, if I had put my turbo higher it would have had the same effect.

I have to modify the door for this winter, so that the glass does not clog less at low speed.
0 x