RACF letter on the KYOTO protocol in Montreal

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Former Oceano

RACF letter on the KYOTO protocol in Montreal

by Former Oceano » 30/11/05, 23:06

To consult this letter day by day (in PDF format) go to this link:

KYOTO-Montreal Convention Protocol
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 31/12/05, 17:10

At 13 PM on FR2, we showed the group of wind turbines that Lafarge had built, to supply its nearby factory, somewhere in Morocco (in an isolated place)…
The countries signatories to the Kyoto agreements have committed to limit their CO2 emissions.
Large industrial groups therefore have their CO2 quota, set for the year, not to be exceeded. It still feels the big mess, indeed: the groups find their business there ...
By taking advantage, perhaps of the tariff opportunities in favor of ecological investment, of the green notoriety that they can draw from it, of the new contracts won in new countries, using this argument. Because it is well known that cement factories do not pollute their surroundings (Sigean)…
So far, it's all good, we tell ourselves that it's always about winning on rejections!
But what comes next ... These constructions allow them to significantly reduce the annual CO2 quota, of which they were beneficiaries; this allows them to resell on the market, the difference to careless companies that have exceeded their annual CO2 quota…
In other words, no progress; at most a stabilization of pollution…
There is a stock exchange listing of these “CO2 points”…
This business and this shameless business are the fact of the countries signatories of the Kyoto protocol, sensitized to the future of the planet… What to think of the behavior of the industrialized countries, which refused to sign it!
Gegyx : Evil:
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 31/12/05, 19:47

Totally agree. I have already written on econo to denounce this CO2 exchange, which is a new way of creating money from NOTHING, while allowing polluting companies to continue to be so and giving everyone a good conscience. It is a man for financiers: this system allows them to have their cake and eat it, and the smile of the dairy to top it off.

So I am told that ... in the name of pragmatism ... you understand ... that's always it ...

Well no, we are taken for idiots, that's all.

Well, I'm getting mad at Christmas Eve ... I better start the aperitif ... Tchinn everyone and kisses for the new year.
0 x
ecorage
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by ecorage » 01/01/06, 02:57

Another point concerning the manufacture of "clean" cement : Lol: in Morocco.
All this cement is not used in Morocco which tends to build in brick or cob.
It is therefore exported ... by boat.

CO2 emissions from boats do not fall under the Kyoto agreements, since they are international transport.

It is really very clean cement filled with "concrete" hypocrisy.

Long live Kyoto! : Twisted:
0 x

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."