Better efficiency in thermodynamics?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
minguinhirigue
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by minguinhirigue » 13/08/09, 12:33

As for values ​​on "external combustion" and high efficiency engines, I only know the ones you quoted harry:

Stirling, Ericsson, turbine, and minto wheel.

In terms of yields when operating in a thermal machine, I just know that the Tesla turbines announced attractive yields for fairly low temperatures (300 to 800 ° C), ideal for linear solar traps, but I do not have the numbers handy.

As for the reymondo focal concentration trap, the Stirling can be interesting for its relative simplicity and its good performance over the envisaged heat range: around 1000 ° C, it should theoretically pass the 60% of yields. In practice, the best stirling engine produced of which I have the figures is a Stirling engine of Swedish submarine, with real yields of 42% ... Much less than the ultra-slow diesels mentioned above ...

We will have to see if there is not a possibility of adapting the diesel cycle to an "external combustion"? :D
I don't believe it but we sometimes have surprises ...
0 x