JT France 2: 2.5 price of organic products once more?

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
MadPenguin
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

JT France 2: 2.5 price of organic products once more?

by MadPenguin » 02/08/09, 22:00

You will find here (sorry I did not have time to upload the video, I will do it later) a passage from 20h of France 2 yesterday about the price of organic food.

It still seems a lot to me this story of 2,5 times more expensive between an organic product and a 1st price product. :?
Do you know the "ecology magazine" which published this comparison between the prices of 1st price products and those of organic products?

Edit: error correction
Last edited by MadPenguin the 02 / 08 / 09, 23: 46, 1 edited once.
0 x
Lounes
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Lounes » 02/08/09, 22:42

It would not be very surprising ... It passes for a fashionable product, so the prices are high but it is sold anyway, no reason to reduce them [except can be affected a wider public] And anyway, ca remains more expensive to produce : Cry:
0 x
MadPenguin
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by MadPenguin » 02/08/09, 23:58

In fact, when I said "that seems a lot to me" it is because I do not feel that the difference is so big.

I do my shopping in a supermarket by buying what I can in organic for food and with ecolabel for the rest and I do not have the impression that there is such a difference in price with non-organic products, same 1st price.

Finally if, perhaps with the 1st prices in the sense of products "1" at Carre * our or "inch" at Auc * an ... but in this case, we cannot compete. I wonder what's in there considering the price displayed.
0 x
Lounes
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Lounes » 03/08/09, 00:15

The best way to find out is to check for yourself with a good calculator : Cheesy: But there should be a representative product list :?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/08/09, 09:54

2.5 times more expensive compared to the very 1st price and on average this does not seem exaggerated to me as a figure ...

Nevertheless, it would have been necessary to compare organic products to products of equivalent "at least taste" quality ... of the style to compare with "brand" rice ...

Moreover, as with renewable energies compared to oil, I am always shocked to see that one compares "fair" the "economic price" ...

In the case of organic products, for example:
a) How much does it increase the chances of cancer by eating pesticides at every meal? Or rather, how much do you add an extra year to your life?
b) How much does it cost the community to lose biodiversity in ultra-exploited land?

Etc., etc...

In this case the difference would no doubt have been greatly reduced ...

Is there not a cabal against organic products?

https://www.econologie.com/forums/les-benefi ... t8100.html

Would the "powers" in place begin to be afraid of organic? Is this another political trick to turn people against ecology? (the first manipulation being the carbon tax)?
0 x
MadPenguin
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by MadPenguin » 03/08/09, 10:54

Christophe wrote:2.5 times more expensive compared to the very 1st price and on average this does not seem exaggerated to me as a figure ...

Nevertheless, it would have been necessary to compare organic products to products of equivalent "at least taste" quality ... of the style to compare with "brand" rice ...
This is what I meant when I spoke of "Pouce" products. Image.
Having said that, did you watch the report? Because they also compare with the price of a "brand" shopping cart.

Christophe wrote:Moreover, as with renewable energies compared to oil, I am always shocked to see that one compares "fair" the "economic price" ...
Yes, the journalist must not have seen Our children will accuse. That's why I would like to be able to read the full article on the "ecology magazine" in question to see if the journalist from France 2 has not forgotten to read a passage. : Cheesy:

Christophe wrote:In this case the difference would no doubt have been greatly reduced ...
If we really took everything into account, I think the 1st price would be even more expensive than organic ... even without the "price of a lifetime". The problem is that our politicians and other economists do not project themselves in the long term (this is what they are paid for) and do not think about the consequences and the "budgets" that they will have to allocate in the future to repair all this damage. But they won't be in power by then, eh ... so why bother. : Evil:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/08/09, 11:11

We agree, no I had not watched the report ... : Oops:

I just reacted to your remarks ...
Last edited by Christophe the 03 / 08 / 09, 13: 17, 1 edited once.
0 x
MadPenguin
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by MadPenguin » 03/08/09, 12:47

Christophe wrote:We agree, no I had not watched the report ... : Oops:

Image : Cheesy:
0 x
pb2487
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pb2487 » 09/08/09, 15:02

Christophe wrote:Is there not a cabal against organic products?
https://www.econologie.com/forums/les-benefi ... t8100.html
Would the "powers" in place begin to be afraid of organic? Is this another political trick to turn people against ecology? (the first manipulation being the carbon tax)?

That "organic" is "more" respectful for the environment than the rest? Yes, probably.
But that there is a "cabal against organic products" ???? I don't feel that way. I don't see many people coming up against ecology, the reverse yes (associations of all kinds ...) and it's not bad. The powers that invest are not afraid of it.

Moreover:

https://www.econologie.com/forums/les-benefices-de-l-alimentation-bio-remis-en-question-t8100-60.html

Looking forward ...
0 x
MadPenguin
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by MadPenguin » 12/08/09, 16:06

Attention pb2487, not being against ecology does not necessarily mean that we are for. You forget a category of person: the one who is neither for nor against, the one who simply has nothing to do with it.
And if we add up the people who are against ecology (and believe me there are) and those who don't care, there are MANY people to convince!
0 x