Exposure of fetuses to pollution reduces their IQ

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
recyclinage
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by recyclinage » 24/07/09, 12:43

Pollution represents a danger which is transmitted from mother to child. American researchers have thus established that women who had been exposed to high levels of pollution during their pregnancy gave birth to children whose intelligence quotient (or IQ) is 4 points lower than the average. This study, carried out by scientists at a specialized center at Columbia University in the United States, was published in the journal Pediatrics and resumed by Time Magazine on Thursday.

The researchers took into account pollution linked to the incomplete combustion of oil or coal, a threat particularly present in urban areas where car traffic is high. According to their findings, this air pollution would in fact cause as much damage as high levels of toxic metals, such as lead for example.

American scientists have followed children over the long term since 1998. "What is surprising is that the effects of prenatal exposure are so persistent," said epidemiologist Kimberly Gray, interviewed by Time. "A difference of 4 points [on the IQ] could, from an educational point of view, have a very important impact on success in school," insists Frederica Perera, who coordinated this study.

europe1 news source
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 24/07/09, 23:36

What is the point of providing exactly the same information as the other day? : Shock: :?: :?
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 25/07/09, 12:11

+ 1,
I refer new visitors to the beginning of the subject for my reservations about the lack of validity of such information in the rough.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
recyclinage
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by recyclinage » 25/07/09, 12:23

the arabic phone
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 25/07/09, 13:31

recyclinage wrote:the arabic phone
In this case, it would be good to have, on your part since it is you who posts, a commented analysis of the different elements provided by these two versions of the same news, which I suppose you find very different?
0 x
recyclinage
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by recyclinage » 25/07/09, 13:35

the magic of the film is that we were at the same screening

but both have a different ending

I'm just a columnist
and I prefer to let everyone own version
and these explanations
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 25/07/09, 13:51

recyclinage wrote:[...] I am only a columnist
and I prefer to let everyone own version
and these explanations
The expression "Arabic telephone" is used to point out the distortion of the meaning of a subject which passes through multiple relays.
So forum, if you do not comment a minimum by posting two news from other media a few days apart on the same subject, it is not worth posting ... You are wasting your time and ours by the same opportunity...
0 x
recyclinage
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by recyclinage » 25/07/09, 15:40

ok i note
0 x
recyclinage
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by recyclinage » 28/07/09, 08:33

The consequences of pollution, on the IQ of children
Posted on July 27, 2009 at 22:50 pm by Aurélie
1 votes, Note: 5 out of 5
Loading ...

pollution-paris-enfant-QILhe effects of pollution on the body no longer need to be demonstrated. Pregnant women are exposed like other people and the consequences for the child can be serious. Indeed, exposure to pollution affects the IQ of children during their mother's pregnancy.

Certain types of pollutants such as PAHs (toxic pollutants from the combustion of coal, diesel, gasoline or gas) or lead (diluted paints, coatings and water pipes) decrease the IQ of children and are harmful to the nervous system from pregnancy. PAHs are present in all major cities.

Children exposed to these pollutants showed an IQ of 4,31 to 4,67 points lower than that of non-exposed children. The impact of this exhibition has consequences in terms of academic performance and success.

Can we stop the pollution disasters on our health and that of our children?
This entry was posted on Monday July 27th, 2009 at 22:50 pm and is filed under Health. You can follow the comments through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a comment, or trackback from your own site.

miwim news source
0 x

Back to "Health and Prevention. Pollution, causes and effects of environmental risks "