KTM X-Bow roadster exclusive, expensive and unnecessary ...?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 15/07/09, 23:21

Christophe wrote:[...]I don't see any extremism in it: just observations and common sense...[...]
Extremism is talking about suicide when it has nothing to do with it, but I'm not going to draw it again for you another time, you understood very well...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
manitou22
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by manitou22 » 15/07/09, 23:49

Hello,
riddle:
what do hospital emergency care staff call young people on scooters?
organ donation : Cry:
Hello
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 16/07/09, 09:03

Scooter and motorcycle, when the helmet is not on (yesterday I saw a young man again who had waffled with a Honda CBF without a helmet 300 m from my house, but without too much damage), that we has flip-flops or flip-flops, T-shirts and shorts or bermudas, the accident hurts.

Most scooters (except some large maxi-scooters such as T-MAX built with motorcycle chassis) have the engine-box (variator)-exhaust unit fixed to the rear swing arm. The weight is not central, the unsprung masses of the rear wheel are enormous (engine block, exhaust box) so easy to rear wheel but if you pick up you wallow.
In short, the scooter will remain a puzzle machine with respect to a motorcycle.

Finally when we see that parents put their child (helmeted it is true) standing in front of them, in the event of an accident the kid explodes against the handlebars and the front of the scooter and is crushed by the body of his parent :!:

Personally, on my 500GSE, my daughter is attached to the rear with a harness and in the event of a fall from the motorcycle, protective bars on the rear as well as the width of the large top box protect her body...
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 16/07/09, 10:20

Sorry guys, I don't like to talk about mechanics but here I have to intervene: comparing a youngster on a scooter and a biker is "shocking".

- a young, stupid age, rising hormones, inexperienced and "scooter" by obligation (because he has no other means of motorized transport) is not comparable to a motorcyclist, with a license therefore motivated and aware of the fact that his best protection is his mastery.

- If a biker does not protect himself (flip-flops, T-shirt) ... too bad for him: he is 1000 times more dangerous for himself than for others. This is not the case of the tr..de c... in the process of telephoning while driving his car, or a little drunk, or who has just smoked his joint, or just aggressive behind the wheel because he believes that being a man is to have the biggest.

- as ex oceano says, the bike that suits its rider has its center of gravity well placed, this is what gives it its "racy", which is essential for sensations but also for safety. This is not the case with the "big asses" of scooters (sorry to the scooterists, but admit that it is not false : Cheesy: )

- for Bucheron: all the pleasure of the bike (at least for me), is precisely to be at the limit but to keep control. Seeking the balance between power, precision, fluidity.
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."