rant: organic eggs .... ex. scam!

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
bebeours
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by bebeours » 12/07/09, 12:00

I come back from the Charleroi market and what a surprise.

Apart from two small producers of butter and eggs, all the eggs were category 3.
Even a live hen saleswoman had cat.3. And when I asked her if the eggs were those of her hens she answered me without flinching "yes".

What can we do in these cases?
Request that they remove these eggs from the sale?
Howl to the crowd that the eggs sold come from drums and brandish some photos?
Firmly take the eggs and swing them on the cool trader
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 12/07/09, 12:56

They don't realize that they know the branch they are sitting on!

I have just returned from a famous French hypermarket. Box with wholesale marked "Plein Air". I open the box: code 1!

Last weekend, purchase of organic eggs from a famous hard-discounter of German origin: check done code = 0

Sorry...

And then promote this codification. When everyone knows, well they will remain alone in the markets with their scams! See the site: http://www.oeufs.org/consommer.php

PS: don't forget to say thank you to Europe (which we always criticize) for this codification !!!
0 x
marieagnes
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by marieagnes » 15/07/09, 16:03

bebeours wrote:I come back from the Charleroi market and what a surprise.

Apart from two small producers of butter and eggs, all the eggs were category 3.
Even a live hen saleswoman had cat.3. And when I asked her if the eggs were those of her hens she answered me without flinching "yes".

What can we do in these cases?
Request that they remove these eggs from the sale?
Howl to the crowd that the eggs sold come from drums and brandish some photos?
Firmly take the eggs and swing them on the cool trader

you can not buy the eggs and give the codes to as many people as possible.

on the markets the scams are more than current, in shop they have controls therefore normally there is more respect for the information of the consumer but on the markets it is terrible.

a good way to fight: inform and distribute the list of codes so that the consumer makes an informed purchase!
0 x
swift2540
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by swift2540 » 18/08/09, 23:28

Christophe wrote:Well yes the producer (or the region) are also included in the coding ... but I can not decipher it if kk1 has a complete "notice"?

Bar codes also make it possible to "trace" a product and greatly improve the traceability of products ... Only nobody (me the 1st) can decipher them!

Hi,
On an egg, 2 things are important;
1) the first digit, 0,1,2 or 3 that everyone understood.
2) after this figure comes 2 letters corresponding to the country of production, a bit like on cars:
be = Belgium
fr = France
from = Germany ...
The numbers behind make it possible to "locate" the producer (traceability), but there should be the list ...
I buy my eggs usually at the farm and stamped 0BE.
Sometimes, for lack of time or because I need it very quickly (the farm is 15km away) I go to the supermarket. And there we see the difference. Organic eggs are also marked 0 :D but the back letters are rarely BE : Cry: By my home I found LU, FR, or IT (there it's still more than 1000km of transport!: Evil:)
If for processed products it is difficult to navigate, for "raw" products (like eggs), thank you Europe for putting a code understandable by all :D 8)
0 x
marieagnes
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by marieagnes » 19/08/09, 11:02

as long as they don't come from china ..... !! :)
0 x
fabio.gel
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Reading bar codes

by fabio.gel » 19/08/09, 13:16

marieagnes wrote:
You also talked about yagurts and their provenance. In fact, a yagurt can be made in france with Chinese yogurt that comes in large container. For me, so it is impossible despite the codes to really know where a yagourt comes from !!

Little info taken on Wikipedia concerning barcode readings : Idea:

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code-barres_EAN#Pays
0 x
I do my best to not leave trash world to my children ....
maxim421
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by maxim421 » 16/09/09, 18:17

Hello,

I just bought an organic basket at the farm Le mas du canet dans le gard.

There are 6 eggs in the basket but no laying date and on each egg a red stamp: OFRYC G0 1

I don't know what that means.

Would a person know what this stamp means?
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 16/09/09, 19:02

maxime421 wrote:There are 6 eggs in the basket but no laying date and on each egg a red stamp: OFRYC G0 1
I don't know what that means.
Would a person know what this stamp means?

0 = Organic (eggs from hens raised in the open air and fed "organic"
FR = France, country of production
The rest must be the producer identifier.
0 x
maxim421
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by maxim421 » 16/09/09, 19:45

thank you citro.

Well, well, I'm not going to make him swallow these eggs.

By cons I was disappointed with the contents of the basket.
No egg laying date on the package is not serious.

It seems to me correct level price but it is still more expensive than in an organic store.
So I don't like to travel 10 km more to go to the farm and pay more.
While the farmer sells him at no transport cost without an intermediary and more expensive than in an organic store ...
0 x
parfaitelumiere
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by parfaitelumiere » 16/09/09, 20:27

I always check the eggs before buying, and sadly, it is better to buy in supermarkets, nobody will tend to scam you.
The worst part is that a lot of things are like this: the so-called furniture discounter, a lot of second-hand things, it has nothing to do with it, but second-hand DVDs or CDs, cash converters , well, better buy new, or buy nothing at all ...
fast foods, like the local kebab or the sandwich seller, ben a mac do we are at least pretty sure of the quality, they are so boring with their suppliers ...
0 x
Sap can!