Amazon, the unknown oil war

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 22/06/09, 13:59

Who is this little funny? : Shock:
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/06/09, 14:07

Hi hi hi good question.

Lumberjack you are right on time! I allowed myself to use "your avatar" here at the end of his 5th message! https://www.econologie.com/forums/la-voiture ... -1460.html

:D

bain2jasmin I was not talking about firing you but that you are leaving on your own ... and this is what will happen unless it goes up a notch in which case you will not leave us the choice ...

Again: you mix 2 things, the ideas on one side and your behavior ... casual. But this last point is surely wanted ... I do not prefer to know pkoi!
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 22/06/09, 14:22

Christophe wrote:[...] But this last point is surely wanted ... I do not prefer to know pkoi!
Probably a teenage crisis?
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
jlt22
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: Amazonia, the unrecognized oil war

by jlt22 » 22/06/09, 14:25

About the oil crisis, we talk every day about the Middle East, every month about Africa ... but much more rarely about the oil conflicts in South America and the Amazon in particular (looting of Indian lands, pollution extremely serious ...)

The real culprits may not be the multinationals who are used to wearing the hat

It's very simple, the people responsible for all of this are the consumers of petroleum or petroleum products that we are.
Let's not forget that 4/5 of the world's energy is consumed
by the 1/5 of the world population, and moreover especially by the advanced democracies which also defend human rights ........... Which ??????

Let’s all live like these American Indians and the oil problems will stop by themselves, so there’ll be no need for multinationals.
Who feels ready !!!!!!!!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/06/09, 14:34

Of course jlt22, good remark and I would add that these are lobbies... so all of us!

So we are all responsible.

Only it is simpler to designate a legal person than the multinationals rather than to question (even a little) its own behavior ...
0 x
geotrouvetout
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by geotrouvetout » 22/06/09, 16:07

Christophe wrote:Only it is simpler to designate a legal person than the multinationals rather than to question (even a little) its own behavior ...

do we really have a choice, we only take what we are given or offers, lobbies manage that there are no other alternatives as long as it is profitable for them and no matter what price.

another video

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1ekyw ... parti_news

, can be already mentioned, at 9mn 50s France (the government) moralizing does not apply what it calls human rights or child labor as soon as it is "far" from French territory, and in addition a close friend of our mini emperor.

When the piracy and kidnappings in the Amazon, we will be shown this (as we have already been shown for other countries) as an act of pure barbarism on the part of "bastards of the poor" who are fed up with it. loot legally as soon as everything is signed by the powers of these countries.

Geo;).
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/06/09, 16:15

geotrouvetout wrote:lobbies manage that there are no other alternatives as long as it is profitable for them and at any cost.

Toutafé! But it's "a little" included in the definition of lobby, isn't it?

Otherwise, if there is always a choice ... but there are easier choices than others ... that's it!

And currently, oil is (again) ease ... apparently at least!
0 x
C moa
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by C moa » 22/06/09, 17:38

Christophe wrote:Of course jlt22, good remark and I would add that these are lobbies... so all of us!

So we are all responsible.

Only it is simpler to designate a legal person than the multinationals rather than to question (even a little) its own behavior ...
I agree with you that the responsibility is shared between producers, consumers but in these stories of oil (which I know a little), I find that there is always a responsible in the strict sense of the word that the we forget a little quickly: the producing country !!!

Do you know for example that the share of the majors in the world production represents less than 12/15% of the whole ??

You will also suspect that any multinationals cannot arrive in a country and start drilling or doing seismic without authorization.

This manager is at the center of decision-making and has direct responsibility for the situation of his populations. He can IMPOSE (if he wishes so of course) what he wants on even the largest companies who come to work at his place.

A few examples, Algeria and Tunisia have signed the Kyoto agreements and are committed to drastically reducing the flaring of installations on their soil. All companies have had to get started and currently there are several billion USD invested in it.

The same is true in Congo and Angola. Look how Chavez treated the oil companies and renegotiated the contracts ?? They all gave up, more or less quickly, of course, but they all gave up.

In this game of dupe, power is not always where you think ...
0 x
It is difficult to single !!!
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/06/09, 17:44

Yes c moa, but the REAL BIG winners are the states in which oil is sold! They are the ones who are doing the most ... without having taken the investment risk and without suffering the consequences of a possible degradation of the environment linked to the extraction of this oil ... In short: pure margin for them ...

See this diagram:

https://www.econologie.com/taxation-fisc ... -3471.html

On the other hand, TIC / TIPP only represents around 20% of the VAT receipts in the French budget ...
0 x
C moa
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by C moa » 22/06/09, 18:07

Christophe 1 +

But let's be clear, I'm not in the mood for the producer countries to stuff themselves after all the product is at home. The consumer countries, European in particular, through taxes perceive much more than they do. I do not have as much a feeling of soul that most of them are poor countries and that the money collected is used (or should be used in some cases) to develop the country and to get out of misery all or part of their population.

What bothers me is that we never talk about their responsibility. It is certainly the company which must propose a process which makes it possible to produce in a clean way; but it is up to the producer state to impose the rules and to check that they are correctly applied.
It is often the government that expropriates the premises in a manual manner while the companies are used to managing these situations and compensating for the expropriations.

In the Far West it may have been difficult to respect the environment and the local populations but today we know how to do it is not a problem (in any case rarely).
0 x
It is difficult to single !!!

Go back to "Fossil energies: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)"