Obesity is gaining ground

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 20/01/09, 22:33

For CoKa or MaK water, it is the brand and the way that is imported.
Manufacturing is local.

erratum: for Coka, only the concentrated and top secret extract is imported.

José Bové would be fine making Roquefort in the States, but each time he is turned back at the border.
You see, they are also tough with the Roquefort breeders.
Or it is the US intelligence file that got confused, by wanting to corner Bové, they attacked the cheese that stinks.

: Mrgreen:

Last strong political act of President Bubuche II Goat!
(Sheep was not suitable, to qualify it ...)
0 x
benring
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by benring » 23/01/09, 22:15

There was a recent report on C + about "junk food".
Even if we should not underestimate the impact of fast food, they have shown that people most affected by obesity, type 2 diabetes (linked to diet) and cardiovascular diseases are people. low income.
The cause of all this: excess salt and sugar in inexpensive foods and ready meals.
UFC Que Choisir tried to react to the Minister of Health and Sports Ms. Bachelot to make it mandatory to display the amount of salt and sugar in each dish. The minister seemed convinced, but that did not succeed.
At the same time, the Minister of Agriculture and Fisheries, Mr. Barnier, was the guest of the ANIA (National Agency for Food Industries) congress. The president of the ANIA did not hesitate to remind the minister how many billions of turnover weighed his industries. He then threatened to relocate abroad if we did not let the industrialists continue to do their little "cooking" quietly.
In front of the pressures and the threats on the employment of the president of the ANIA, Mr. Barnier hastened to declare: "I would be YOUR minister ..."
Morals of the story:
- Better to have the means to pay for good quality food and have the time to cook it yourself.
- We can trust our industrialists ... when it comes to brewing billions at the expense of people's health.
- Some ministers no longer even hide their disinterest in the people that they are supposed to be represented for the benefit of lobbies of all kinds, even if it means lowering their frock from time to time.

Anyway, at the end of the report I was a little more sickened to live in this world : Evil:
Sometimes I regret that we cannot sue these people or organizations for "crimes against humanity".
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 24/01/09, 09:11

elephant wrote:I was watching on TV yesterday ( : Cry: sorry, yes, it happens to me) a report on the amish. I will not enter into socio - theological debates.

All children and young people seen in the report (under 50 :D ) were thin and the children's learning ability above average.

What a contrast with America Mac Do! : Evil:

Nice lesson

Frankly I would prefer to be obese, you have at least a chance to get out of it if you realize it.
It is still a very closed environment and when you are a member to get out it is a fight. Like the Jehovahs at home.
I too criticize the American system of life but I believe that we must not put all Americans in the same basket. There are also good people.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/01/09, 12:36

elephant wrote:All children and young people seen in the report (under 50 :D ) were thin and above-average learning ability of children.

I think that the ability to learn has nothing to do with physiology but with the fact that they probably spent a lot less time in activities that do not require a lot of thinking about the console game style, star academy (US version I specify) ...

In other words: from their early childhood, they have "free time" activities (for the little that they have) more thoughtful than the average ...

In addition, their everyday life is much less easy than "our" so it requires more reflection on a daily basis ...

I bet that if we do the same test between healthy Africans (without physical consequences) and average Americans, the advantage is to Africa!

ps: look at Michael Moore, he looks like an American above the average body size and yet he's not a donkey ... even if he is classified as a "comic" in the USA ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
bpval
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by bpval » 24/01/09, 17:25

Ole, how are you?

Well, when we talk about junk food, I think Roquefort.
Here is a pair of years my two boys (tall and slender) went to WASHINGTON (North America South East Guinea) for fifteen days, following a school exchange. ...
Here is their reflection on the return journey from the airport to the house

"WHAT ARE THE PRETTY GIRLS HERE"

Their return to Nice was DisneyWorld in French, sexual renaissance, return to art, the great escape, the vision of a pair of evocative buttocks, the desire to bite ...

Travel shapes the young

junk food is a matter of poverty ... and ease
Open the package ... and eat

Hello
0 x
PIF PAF POUM
fallaiypenser54
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by fallaiypenser54 » 04/02/09, 07:28

Bonjour.

The most revolting thing about the obesity problem is that there are people who starve to death while others eat up until they get sick. It makes me sick to see pictures of little children begging for food. Revolting.

Goodbye.
0 x
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 29/04/09, 14:42

fallaiypenser54 wrote:
The most revolting thing about obesity ...

It seems to me that you judge quickly. Some people
have an inheritance that makes them store much more
of the food they eat than others.
I have before me the photos of 3 generations of women who
are the great grand mother, the grand mother and the mother of my wife.
All have a more than generous figure, my wife
is matched with these ancestors despite the fact that it deprives itself to align with
canons of current beauty, without success.
She will seem obese to you when she is completely normal
if we refer to its origins.
Do not judge too quickly and do not mix everything.
0 x
Jaydi
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Jaydi » 21/05/09, 16:51

Well yes, we are not there to judge.
Just the fact that there are more and more obese is not a fabrication, so we can say that in general, this growth is partly due to our diet, and more generally still to a mode of not very healthy life.
There is no getting out of there, and you don't accuse the obese.

On the other hand if they want to be obese, what is the problem?

(Sorry for the necropostage, but I had zapped this subject which comes up very often, so I had an urgent desire to react at all costs.)
0 x
Christophe

Re: Obesity is on the rise

by Christophe » 19/11/22, 15:43

I put this here:

Fattest man in the World back in 1890 (people paid money to see him)

Today he'd be 3rd fattest guy at the local Walmart

Translation :

The fattest man in the world in 1890 (people paid to see him)

Today, he would be the 3rd largest in the Walmart store around the corner.

Fh5quoxXoAAphoi.jpg
Fh5quoxXoAAphoi.jpg (163.82 KiB) Viewed 1146 times

1 x

Back to "Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tips and tricks"