Where are rechargeable hybrids or 100% electric?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Remundo

by Remundo » 30/06/08, 20:02

So gentlemen? Always as refined in your language? :P

I'm doing my little report on Cleanova ... The other day I came back from Paris, and Massy was on my way ...

In the middle of a ZI, behind sheds and garages, we discover hidden behind a gate this ...
In the right corner, some Kangoo parked wisely, and a more sales and stylish vehicle (paint), the Cleanova III based on Renault Scénic
No noise emanating from the building ...

Nobody outside, I shyly tip my nose to the garage door hoping to find a nice mechanic (Auvergne habit ...) Huge workshop, with some souls busy on a few vehicles ... One of them me see and stay nailed on the spot by staring at me from afar ... not very warm.

Quickly, a young woman arrives from the building and asks me what I want, a little suspicious ...

I tell him "I'm looking for a home"

- So please follow me ...

We enter the building; she wants to give me the brochures where the beauty of the photos equal only the deficiencies in precise information ... Finally, she gives me the coordinates of Laurent COPIN ...

I insist ... I say that I want to talk about Cleanova technically and economically, and that a Kangoo would do the trick, but that I can not find anything concrete about the precise costs of the vehicle.

She said to me "I don't know anything about it, so I would have to see if Mr. COPIN is there"

- If it has 5 min, I will not be long ... It's very nice of you. I really like the Cleanova technology, especially hybrid and I could make it known in my area ...

She ends up looking for him ...

Mr COPIN arrives, young commercial, friendly and interrogative, wondering who he is dealing with ...

A small discussion commits ...

Do we come to the facts:
- the batteries are Lithium / Ion designed for the life of the vehicle, namely 300 km. Their replacement is possible, but not really from a commercial point of view which is rather "one car, one pack". "Their cost is included in the purchase of the vehicle". Their autonomy is 000 to 100 km depending on the driving (light or heavy).

- batteries like to be frequently recharged even if their discharge is very partial without any noticeable impact on their long-term performance.

- No marketing planned before 2010, even 2012! No partnership, Mr COPIN clarifying that the few Renault or Fiat Doblo are simple purchases later equipped with the chain of traction Cleanova ... Hello collaboration !!
:|
- no possibility to buy the current prototypes because "they are only experimental", (it is indeed normal)

- "Dassault SVE is only a designer and supplier of the powertrain"

- in terms of price ... no communication of course ... I spoke to him all the same about the Doblo Newteon at 60 Euros including tax. He says it is a good offer, built individually ... I interpret that this is about what Dassault SVE could do in the immediate term: same base, same batteries, same "craftsmanship ".

I joke that their powertrain is the best way to go, but many customers will also need the wheel base ... :P

Little fun ... :P

I'm sorry Mr COPIN: to be commercial and to have nothing to sell is not very pleasant. All this is not his responsibility, of course, it comes from above ...

Dassault SVE seems to be delighted in total wait-and-see attitude, paradoxically because its technical proposals are particularly topical and relevant.

He places himself as an equipment manufacturer and absolutely does not want to invest in the production of small series of vehicles. I think that the added value of the traction system is its only objective, leaving the assembly of the vehicle, very expensive in terms of manpower and infrastructure, to the interested builders.

However, SVE could sell like hot cakes small series of a few thousand Cleanova at fair prices (<35 Euros). It would even be a way of showing that their concept is good. You don't need to have completed HEC to know it ... :D

In these conditions, I wish the Falcon X and its fighter planes great commercial success. : Cheesy:

Too bad for us, so much the better for fuel taxes. :frown:
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 11/05/09, 15:41

Hello everyone.

Small subject digging because Renault seems to go it alone with Nissan and does not use the Cleanova power train at all.

More finally a proposal for 2011 !! : an 100% electric utility Kangoo

The article of Motor Nature is interesting and quite technical (as usual :P ). The car is a little heavy, but it has the merit to exist ... and to have the correct performance.

For the hybrid, nothing on the horizon. I seriously advise buying portable generators ... and sliding them into the trunk. it could help : Cheesy:

@+
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 11/05/09, 15:54

Or to have a specific trailer, which one could rent for the holidays, which would incorporate a rotating generator at its best efficiency, the fuel, as well as room to stow another part of the luggage.

Arrived on the spot, it would leave it at the hirer to ride in electric and in case of tourist visit too long for the batteries one would rent another.

Otherwise, on motorways, there is a petrol station every 30 km.
As we have to take a break of at least 20 minutes every 2h (that's what I do) it would be enough for the car to have 250 km of electric range to go from one station to another and recharge.

It is indeed a whole transport system to rethink, heavy investments. It's out of our hands at this level ...
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/05/09, 16:18

Remundo wrote:Small subject digging because Renault seems to go it alone with Nissan and does not use the Cleanova power train at all.

Well it falls well your digging, I had completely zapped your little investigative "report" at Dassault!

Bravo and chapo!

Otherwise I obviously deplore the choice of renault and nissan ... but they must (I hope for them) have "good reasons" ... and must well spend and justify the millions of government aid !! : Evil: An answer element must be in this ...
: Cry:
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 15/05/09, 21:17

Remundo wrote:Hello everyone.

Small subject digging because Renault seems to go it alone with Nissan and does not use the Cleanova power train at all.
Yeah, I told you almost a year ago ...
: Cheesy:
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Remundo

by Remundo » 15/05/09, 22:28

Hi Lumberjack,

absolutely Image
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert