Pantone on Ford Fiesta 1.8 Diesel

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
Guimcdo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Pantone on Ford Fiesta 1.8 Diesel

by Guimcdo » 25/11/05, 19:56

Hello everybody

I am a novice in the field, but very interested in the subject, to adapt it to my car, a ford fiesta from 1994, 1.8 atmospheric Diesel engine, 190000 km. She has a ridiculous consumption of 5.5 l / 100, but she smokes too much for my taste, so I want to set up this system as a priority for pollution control.

But now, I'm a little lost, I would be interested in the engineer report from Mr. Martz, but I still have not received the confirmation email for access to the secure portal, so not read yet.

In addition, I have already thought of a draft for the design of the system, which will be doping only with water, which looks efficient on diesel:
- Bubble system heated by coolant
- Constant level by float / breast (with main tank in the trunk (I am also looking for a gauge system to get the info on the dashboard)
- Two reactor tubes at the outlet of the exhaust manifold (dimensions to be determined)

That is more or less established, on the other hand, I have many questions:
- first of all, does the inclination of the reactors matter? Because in my case, the simplest position would be vertical, but don't we have a reduced return? (Magnetic pole?)
- then, for the "bubbling", I went on an injection of exhaust gas in the bubbler, but I'm not sure that the unburned residues are the best (whatever ...), so I think of a venturi system to depressurize the bubbler, what do you think?
- I thought to go a little further, that is to say to make a bubbling system by vacuum, then, when the system is at temperature, condemn the conventional air intake (thermostatic control), for only use the "gas" leaving the reactor as an oxidizer, but will the flow of this gas be sufficient? and will we not have too much water? (premature engine wear ...).

There you go, I hope I didn't say too much nonsense, but I'm really very interested in this alternative, so I ask for your help to move forward.
When the system is installed, I will put the plans online for the lucky owners of Ford diesel from the years 93-95.

Thanks for your help
PS: sorry for the mistakes
0 x
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 25/11/05, 20:52

Hello to you
I made a diagram of my assembly on my R5 for the moment I have not finished the assembly but if that can help you it is already good.
http://members.chello.fr/a.meaglia/ShemaR5.doc
0 x
Guimcdo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Guimcdo » 26/11/05, 01:16

Thank you for your reply,

So if I'm not mistaken:
- R5 petrol
- Spraying in the reactor by carburetor
- Vertical reactor assembly

Your diagram is interesting, but alas, it does not answer my questions, because your mode of spraying in the reactor and the reverse of what I want to do, despite everything, I keep your diagram carefully for inspiration.
Do you know someone who is already fed the carburetor (engine) only with the gas from the reactor?

thanks for your help
0 x
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 26/11/05, 09:59

I think you're all right, the position of the reactor (s) does not matter.

On the other hand, does not condemn the classic air intake, for 2 reasons:

- Given the air passage section in the reactor, your engine will run out of air

- If we suck too much through the reactor, we cool it too much and suddenly "it picks up", it no longer works.

I think André can confirm!

Otherwise in my opinion it is not useful to make 2 reactors, only one should be enough. Me on my car, a 2.0l petrol, I provided a single reactor, internal diameter 18.1mm, and rod of 16.

Good luck
0 x
Guimcdo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Guimcdo » 26/11/05, 15:37

Thank you for your reply nlc,

First of all, concerning the number of reactors, it is rather the configuration of the Ford 4 cylinder that dictates it to me:
Indeed, the collector is a 4 in 2, then, 30 cm later, junction 2 in 1, this is why the installation of two reactors seems easy to me, but it is not an obligation, I will have put you well photos, but I don't know how to do it (if someone wants to explain it to me).

For the condemnation of the conventional air intake, I had not thought that it cooled the reactor, but indeed, it will happen, by the way, at what temperature must the reactor be for optimal operation?
Nevertheless, I persist (and yes, I am stubborn) to condemn part of this air intake, through a butterfly and a calibrated spring, which, during start-up and until the system is at temperature, will pass all the air in the intake, then, when the system is activated, the throttle will close x% of the intake section. (the x% will be determined experimentally, depending on the temperature of the reactor)

What do you think?

Otherwise, more down to earth question, do you know a supplier for the raw material of the reactor (rod, tube, stainless steel ...)?

Thank you for you precious help.
0 x
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 26/11/05, 21:28

For the temperature of the reactor, it seems that the hotter, the better!
Me in your case I would put the reactor where the 2 parts meet in one, even if it's 30cm more. Then, nothing prevents to isolate the pot to the reactor to collect ° C! Finally after must see the config ...

For the raw material, I admit that I had trouble finding, it's phil 14 du forum who helped me out with pieces that he had left. (thank you again phil! The check leaves Monday, I received the package this morning!)

In fact I had found everything I needed, but at a wholesaler, he could not deliver less than 6m of tuge and 3m of round! It was a bit much !!
0 x
JoePMC
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by JoePMC » 09/12/05, 13:48

Hello,

I also carry out an assembly on my Ford fiesta 1.8D year 1995.

If you want information concerning the assembly I can give you some.

Send me a PM if you want to talk to the phone

Joepmc
0 x
muzo_31
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by muzo_31 » 09/12/05, 21:12

For the pantone gas temperature which is going well, I thought I read 120 ° C at the reactor outlet. I hope to be able to share my measurements on xantia TD within a few weeks.

For operation with water alone, you have to stop dreaming! :P
If the engines could run with only water vapor, this would be known : Lol:
The threads are numerous when with the assumptions of what is the composition of pantone gas, but my synthesis would be that a doping with water only produces dry vapor with a certain electrostatic polarity. this gas, added to the air / diesel mixture, would improve combustion in the engine. (gain in consumption, gain in pollution)

Do not let yourself be impressed by all these experiments (well documented, film in support) which use a bubbler. The guys put liters of water and add a glass of gasoline (some put the ingredients for a pizza;)) of course the engine starts, runs well for the duration of the film, but the remainder in the bubbler when the engine is stalled is never shown. What does the engine say? ate everything ?

My advice would be to bet on doping alone, and to optimize it well. To go further in terms of economy, run on used vegetable oil! that's ecological 8)
0 x