Peltier-Seebeck effect generator

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 16/11/07, 16:12

yes it must be the type of gel that is pressed and that heats up your hands for 15 minutes? I do not know if it is reliable over time, and toxic level I do not know why but I am not too hot ...

in any case I have my peltier module and I just ordered the small 1.5V motor ;-)
0 x
R-Kraft
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by R-Kraft » 16/11/07, 18:10

Not at all, this gel is not based on this principle because otherwise the operation would not be renewable at will once the chemical reaction has started but above all exhausted. It is indeed a pocket that accumulates heat and releases it slowly, nothing more. This device is not capable of generating heat itself.
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 19/11/07, 09:29

Ah OK.

well, an ideal project is to couple 3 peltiers one against the other (hot face against hot face, cold face against cold face), the adequate mechanics to collect the heat and dissipate the cold (aluminum blocks from the scrap metal cutter in the mass), a pulsation generator (PWM desulfator style) ... and what we want, I will opt for a small charging station with small battery see inverter (I say that for recover who is waiting for that).
heat storage will be done through a mass of course.

other ideas?

of course there will be no question of heating an electrical resistance from the collected electricity : Mrgreen:
0 x
aidiv
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by aidiv » 19/11/07, 10:32

hello, I thought I'd rather put the modules in series.
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 27/11/07, 10:45

the peltiers can be placed in several ways, given their size, but when we place hot side against hot side and cold side against cold side, they are in fact + efficient!

ah yes connected in series it's not stupid, to have more voltage !!

if not I thought of an application: to position them behind a solar thermal panel (hot water) to have electricity in + (of the DHW heat already brought)!

seeing that their output is >> to a photovoltaic solar panel!
0 x
JPX
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by JPX » 06/08/08, 22:40

Hello,

Can we know where the tests are?
What results obtained?
Thank you
0 x
BlueSoul
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by BlueSoul » 14/03/09, 15:39

Amount of technical papers in English with studies on a wood stove and a pellet stove not very conclusive. http://www.hi-z.com/papers.php FYI, the watt solar panel comes back to $ 5 (at the exit of the Chinese factories) whereas if I take the data on the wood stove with the modules of the hi-z company we would rather be at 6w useful for the model hz -20 to 209 $. I'll let you do the math ...
Ok, it's not the same applications but still.
0 x
xboxman4
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by xboxman4 » 14/03/09, 18:24

On the other hand, a small question, is that the peltier effect has better performance than a stirling engine?
0 x
toto65
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by toto65 » 14/03/09, 18:26

In any case they did not pretend:
http://www.hi-z.com/documents/Hi-Z.Brochure.2006.pdf
Powers up to 1Kw !!

Is it the document about the stove?
edit:
Ok it's in 2001:
http://www.hi-z.com/papers/Dev%20of%20S ... 0Stove.pdf
0 x
xboxman4
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by xboxman4 » 23/04/09, 16:41

Instead of concentrating solar energy on the cells, why not store heat on a "body" (such as a cast iron block, a container filled with oil since oil seems to store heat well ... ) which restores this heat to the cells?

On the one hand, this stored heat can be returned to the cells at night for example and to keep this heat, we can use the same materials as those used in thermo for coffee (I have one at home and I can say that the water stays warm from morning to evening ^^)

PS: we could apply this same process with Stirling engines!
0 x