Energy Performance Diagnosis (Survey)

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
Malax
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Energy Performance Diagnosis (Survey)

by Malax » 15/04/09, 15:12

Hello everybody

I'm not a regular at forum so I introduce myself, my name is simon and I am trainee in training at MEEDAT. My final project is the DPE.

I created this topic because I was a little alerted by the examples of ECD and their credibility. My goal is to gather your opinions and criticisms on the ECD, and to draw the positive points (yes also) and the negative points. Maybe it will allow me to also find a problem but I hope, without making head;)

That's it, the field is open!
In hope that it does not open a sterile debate thank you for your participation.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 15/04/09, 18:39

Dear Malaat, welcome.

But your question seems so open, I suggest you ask a series of more specific questions and may be to quickly redefine the ECD.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
minguinhirigue
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by minguinhirigue » 16/04/09, 00:49

The subject is wide indeed ... but interesting ...

DPE my love.

The DPE, Energy Performance Diagnostics of its real name, is to establish a balance sheet specific of performances of a building constructed, at a sale or before work.

Energy performance is already the energy for chauffer, but also the energy for to cook, and the energy for wash yourself, the energy for ventilate, the energy for light... All standardized according to typical inhabitants like you will never see (go to the bathroom three times a day, no more, no less, turn on the heating only when it is on their calendar ten years to 'advance, never improvise a departure on vacation ... Pardon I go astray :D)

Let's start with the positive:
- The diagnosis also entails the verification of conformity of installations, sometimes unhealthy or dangerous (electrical installations without earth, no ventilation of certain parts ...). It is not too much to have a new actor to talk to the owner that it is good to secure the building.
- If he is detailed, the DPE allows a precise analysis of the key points of intervention for thebuilding improvement. Or the ex-post verification of their implementation (infrared thermography, infiltrometry test, computer monitoring coupled with home automation ...).
- The delivery of a the shipping label significantly revalues ​​buildings with high energy performance. It will accelerate the phenomenon observed with the Minergie standard: the buildings are 8% more expensive to the construction (average Swiss in renovation (+ 15%) and nine (+ 6%)) but they sell 12 to 15% more expensive on the real estate market.

The negative points are the exact ones:
- The verification of compliance to the regulations it's not mandatory, and compliance obligations can be avoided. various derogations exist for these binding regulations, especially in renovation.
- Experience shows that limits of our methods of analysis buildings and their comfort. Especially with regard to old buildings or bioclimatic *, and differences in uses. If the analysis is bad, piecemeal, it can lead to reinstatements more harmful than anything else. In addition, imposed before the work or the sale, the diagnoses lose sight of theessential : the actual energy performance after work. The legislator sets up obligations of means, my very few obligations of results.
- The Labels train their lots of street vendors andscammers. We can not do anything against it, but multiply the labels, it may be to facilitate their work ... But in addition, we may be wrong to let it catalog while manyexceptions can not be classified. For example, log houses whose simplified methods announce energy performance up to 5 times worse than actual performance! ** (overall trend for all old houses (before 1945) or bioclimatic).

So the first issue of the DPE, for me, is the evolution of evaluation methods and awareness of their limits (the 3CL method in particular, but some dynamic methods too ...): everyone does not live at 21 ° C in winter and below 26 ° C in summer. There are people who will accept unacceptable freshness or overheating for others without starting the wonderful machines for comfort comfort... How are individual projects considered with such impersonal diagnoses? The capture and management of passive heat through current devices such as a window and its concealment devices or such as turrets, south-facing walls, sensor walls such as glassX and Lucido ... So many subtleties that can not exist on a simplified method; The management of heat exchange by evaporation and apparent temperatures in old buildings with perspiring walls ... another black spot on the chalkboard ... The artisanal creation of complex thermal regulation devices (parieto-dynamic system) by simple sur- window on the old buildings or in renovation ... It is not modelable?!

This issue, which is specific to the method used, highlights a second, more serious one: the fundamental question of the daily relation to energy is not addressed by the DPE! What comfort, and what cost for what real energy performance?
This can change if the law in the sense of an obligation of result (BBC?)! For large operations at first and then for all operations. As is the case today in acoustics (verification in-situ compliance, failing this, refurbishment at the expense of the project management team!). The tools are a little lacking, the infrared thermography and the follow of the domotics of the building are to be considered in this field. But they are four times more expensive than those of a conventional ECD. Basically, no one does it if there is no dispute!

Finally, less important to me, the challenge of the market. Labeling the house, it's going to be an impossible rat race on the market (already mentioned above). A place for the appearance of dole of a new kinds:
- You have overstate your house before selling it you need 18 heating overtime months.
- Your analysis is rotten! My house has never consumed so much in 30 years that I live from within! I will not pay your DPE!
I pass and best, lawyers will feast ...

Well, I'll leave you late ...

* Eastern CETE study
** The Energy Performance of Log Homes Based on the research for Log Homes by Bion D. Howard.
0 x
Malax
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Malax » 21/04/09, 12:08

I am answering a number of questions that you pointed out in your answer.
There is one that I have a little difficulty in finding the answer, that concerning bio-climatic habitats.

What are the specific limits for this type of housing? Is there a connection with the only consideration of photovoltaic panels in the diagnosis? (I imagine there are many more things, such as orientation, thermal inertia, ...)
It seems incredible not to take into account the geothermal (heat pumps?) Even if it is under the pretext of not being able to quantify the electricity. Here I hope you can enlighten me, or someone so devoted.

Regarding the file, I could leave you a copy for the site. It will be an "odt" or "pdf" format though.
0 x