Biofuel and CO2: ethanol, E-85 and gasoline, comparative

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
Pastekos
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pastekos » 14/04/09, 15:57

Hello,

it seems to me that there is a very important point that has been neglected in these calculations of CO2 releases.

It's about the efficiency of the engine. However, it is not the same that the engine runs on gasoline or E85.

I did a lot of testing and measurements with my 205 1l4 running at E85 since June 2007.

With gasoline engine efficiency revolved around 0,25 (at best). With the E85, the ignition and richness for this fuel is regulated, and the efficiency goes up between 0,33 and 0,35.

For the curious I could give the formulas used for the calculation of the engine efficiency, according to the speed, the Cx, the weight of the car and the consumption.

So, I did the calculations for a given distance, I consume 15% more of E85 than SP98. By doing balance equations.

For a given distance, I find that the E85 consumes 23,1% less oxygen from the air than the SP98, the E85 rejects 20,6% less CO2 than the SP98, and the E85 rejects 0,41% more than H2O that the SP98.

I can not put all my calculations online here, there is a big amount. But I assure you they have been checked and reverified, and it's been 2 years that I'm working on it.

Nico.
0 x