Increasing the pressure of the water

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Mhl
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Increasing the pressure of the water

by Mhl » 07/04/09, 17:54

Hello,

I'm looking for an energy-efficient way to increase the pressure of the water in a pipe. I think that by successively decreasing the section of the pipe from a tank placed 5 meters high and along its path, we must be able to increase the pressure (I am looking for a minimum of one bar to trigger a system of watering). But is the method interesting in practice? If not, are there other ways to increase the pressure?

Goods.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/04/09, 18:08

Your idea is impossible: never starting from 5m you will go up to more than 0.5 bar ... without hydropneumatic tip ...

One of these tricks would be the hydraulic ram.

If the water you speak of is "free" you can imagine riding a hydraulic ram, but beware you will "lose" about 80% of the water.

A well-made ram can increase the pressure by 10 in your case, so you would be at 5 bars!

Here are some links:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/belier-hyd ... t5268.html
https://www.econologie.com/plans-de-real ... -3808.html
https://www.econologie.com/pompage-par-b ... -3835.html
0 x
Mhl
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Mhl » 07/04/09, 18:56

In fact, you suggest that I use the ram to "descend" the water while generally it is raised.

This is a very good idea, especially since the lost water could be recovered in a ground or underground tank.

However, it seemed to me that by reducing the section of a pipe, you could increase the pressure and that this principle had been used at Marly. I may be confused.

Goods.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/04/09, 19:08

Yes if you want but I especially offer you a ram to raise the pressure from 0.5 to your 1 bar necessary ... So we lower the water by 5m to raise it by 10m if you want!

:)

As your pressure delta is low you will have less wasted water.

Look at the links: a ram is really done on a case by case basis!
0 x
Mhl
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Mhl » 08/04/09, 16:49

Ah yes, I understand better now. I did have a doubt last night. I'll think about it because it may not be easy to set up.

Goods.
0 x

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "