EcoThink slideshow: solving energy problems

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 06/04/09, 23:32

Elec wrote:For information.
http://www.cnrtl.fr/definition/ballot

bye
You will notice that the use made of it by RIAZ corresponds to 6) of the definition, in the form of an adjective ...

In addition, I did not see written "your work is nerd"

but

"it's too bad"

which can be considered an equivalent of
- it's stupid http://fr.wiktionary.org/wiki/c%E2%80%99est_ballot
- too bad http://www.monolivet.org/index.php/2007 ... est-ballot

If you really want to see it as an insult, maybe it's your perception that is distorted, don't you think?

Otherwise, thanks for the link, this site looks interesting.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 06/04/09, 23:35

Like?
I see that you are always subject to early posting ... It's a shame, the clarity of your writings is found, as before, very diminished ...

Never mind.

For Megane, a few more lines of comments would make you seem less haughty ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Elec
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Elec » 06/04/09, 23:47

Exchange without any interest.
Last edited by Elec the 12 / 04 / 09, 19: 35, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/04/09, 23:48

No it's nerd it means either:

a) it's stupid / damage
b) it's trivial

It's not an insult ...
0 x
Elec
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Elec » 06/04/09, 23:54

Re: http://www.cnrtl.fr/definition/ballot

The intention is very clear. Even without the use of the word nerd, by the way. The remark aims to mock, not to build. It is part of a petty research approach to fault, to mock, to try to discredit.

Riaz wrote:Elec, quickly redo slide 74, there is a big power / energy salad ... For the page that allows you to understand everything, it's nerd!

1 - "redo": this is the imperative, it is an order
2 - "big salad" (to designate a typo)
3 - "for the page that allows you to understand everything": derision, mockery
4 - "it's nerd", = "it's imbecile"

If you find this constructive message, we are in total disagreement. There are people who accept to exchange in this kind of atmosphere. So much the better for them.

Woodcutter wrote: For Megane

I took time to answer all your questions on the 2.0 car, I answered the question on the mega with precise references. No doubt too referenced, moreover, on reading your comments.

Bye.
0 x
RIAZ
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by RIAZ » 07/04/09, 00:48

76 slides to light up the world… Inevitably, I watched carefully.

It is a very beautiful compilation which must have asked a lot of hours of work.

Not my fault if the 73 (April 6 at 22 p.m., but it moves all the time) which is supposed to give reading keys to those who have forgotten physics lessons a bit ((unfortunately the majority!), Confuses a bit instead of explaining. But it's 00, almost at the end, when we are fed up and we are in a hurry to publish to reward the effort. We can therefore understand, unless we have never engaged in this kind of exercise ... not enough to make a cheese.

To make it easier to read, I will not write it every time, everything I express is preceded by In my humble opinion.

Whether there are 10 slides, 76 or 250, whether they are all analyzed or overflown, at the end, there remains only one idea summing it all up, in the reader's head.

And this is precisely what bothers me, because the idea in question is false (always AMHA) and even dangerous.

An uninformed person (that is to say at least 90% of our fellow citizens alas) who watches these 76 slides will wonder: "Why are they hiding everything from us, why they don't tell us anything, why do they do a lot of it on TV with oil? In fact, there are more solutions than problems! But it is of course, they would rather martyr us than tell us the truth. The truth is that we have lots of solutions and that the lobbies prefer to keep us under their control and make us pay! "

I interrupt the tirade, I know it, I heard it a lot, and moreover, in the mouths of people who had not even read Elec!
She is unstoppable this tirade, because she says things very pleasant to hear and in addition she designates a culprit: the lobby.
It is all the more unstoppable that we actually live in an opaque society, led by lobbies.

Moreover, the strength of this type of argument lies in the permanent amalgam between the true, the unverifiable, the approximate and the completely false.

The general idea that emerges from this slideshow is false, because the promise of an orgy of energy, 5 times more than today for example (see the slide that kills, the 41 at the last score), are only some promises. As such, they only commit those who believe them!
Once again, we are overwhelmed by an avalanche of assertions (which for some and to be honest are accompanied by conditional) without the slightest beginning of proof that could distinguish the feasible from the absolute fabrication.

In this last category there are lots of proposals which would require pharaonic infrastructures whose realization would consume colossal amounts of energy which we will not have since it is they (infrastructures) which are supposed to provide them one day.
And I'm not talking about $ or €.

I note that the promoter of this idea of ​​a factor of 5 (upside down!) Considers as normal, if not guaranteed, the supply of the current energy consumption of the affluent minority of humanity, to the 9 billion humans of the 2050s… ..
Everyone has to appreciate ... the uselessness of the thing, well before analyzing its realism. Indeed, we know today that our organizational methods waste by construction and that we have very high potential savings. What would be the use of extending this unfortunate practice to the rest of humanity?

All this is very similar to the endless pirouette of the dog which cannot bite its tail.

We know that the sun gives us 10.000 times more energy than what we consume. We hope we will always be able to collect larger and larger crumbs. But this will not happen by itself and not immediately.

And if we want to make this "virtuous" production converge with our needs, the more we will be able to reduce our consumption (3 to 4 times less), the faster we will succeed.

Today, we are able to save tWh, much faster than we are able to produce it in a renewable way.

So, a little common sense, let's start with that…. and don't push innocent people (!) into dead ends, because that is dangerous.

Impossible to comment on each slide… .. Come on, Slide 29, just for fun: isn't it cute this little Mitsubishi at the foot of its wind turbine which is refueling while its bosses are snoozing. We can say that if we had turned off the lights all around, charging could be accelerated, but hey ....
No one can say that it is impossible to connect this wind turbine to this car. So it's true.
What is wrong is what the photo suggests: you come home from work, you plug your car into your little wind turbine that doesn't even make noise, and the next day, hop off, it's off. Not that easy.

Among the 10 keys proposed, 2 are to be used urgently and it is from their proper use that the possibility of using the others will come.

KEY N ° 1 ENERGY EFFICIENCY (even if what is presented is not always justified)
KEY N ° 3 REGENERATIVE ECONOMY We can advise on this subject the excellent book by Maximilien ROUER (founder of BeCitizen) and Anne GOUYON: REPAIRING THE PLANET The revolution of the positive economy (Lattès)

When these two keys are used, we can move on to the others or much more likely to others which will then seem to us much more relevant.

Compilation does not rhyme with solutions.

A last one for the road, the 43 (and 44), which irresistibly reminds of the Shadocks that pumped and that made us laugh… ..

And if we can't laugh anymore, it's much worse than the end of oil.

AMHA of course!
0 x
In terms of the future, it is not to foresee it, but to enable it (Antoine de Saint Exupery)
Elec
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Elec » 07/04/09, 01:08

Exchange without any interest.
Last edited by Elec the 12 / 04 / 09, 19: 36, 1 edited once.
0 x
RIAZ
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by RIAZ » 07/04/09, 08:59

Expensive Elec, to each his own style.

We discussed this forum big differences between the Skeptical doubt and Methodological doubt.

It happens to me, I confess, when there is no other way, to practice the Methodological derision.

Methodological derision it is, for example, kicking a wall to see if it is solid. If the foot goes through, it was just a theatrical set that we wanted to pass for a wall ...

Well, it's fast, it's cheap and it doesn't damage the real walls. And whoever built a real wall laughs madly at kicking his work.

To describe the method that is often yours, I wrote in my previous post: "Moreover, the strength of this type of argument lies in the permanent amalgamation between the true, the unverifiable, the approximate and the completely false."

I was going to suggest that you choose a specific point (completely bogus) and want to search for the number of the slide that shows a magnetic levitation train, underwater or underground, linking Europe and the Americas , I fell on :

Has Been Removed Slideshow

This slideshow is no longer available.

End of the first episode ......
The suspense is unbearable !
0 x
In terms of the future, it is not to foresee it, but to enable it (Antoine de Saint Exupery)
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 07/04/09, 12:31

Well, it's fast, it's cheap and it doesn't damage the real walls. And whoever built a real wall laughs madly at kicking his work.

Pretty!!!
You don't understand elec?
It's been twice that Riaz has wished you well, and you don't understand his message .. (which is positive)
Elec ... why are you so nervous? don't tell me "he said this or that"
That's not the problem; you exaggerate everything ... it's not logical ..
You are full of diplomas, but a man without too many diplomas of 50 years (me : Cheesy: ), who has had a hard time sometimes has a lot more diploma in wisdom than you.
By your nervousness, you sabotage all your work ...
There are many people who are interested in what you say, so do not break everything for nonsense.
It seems that in the old nobility, a man was able to marry, after 40 years, because at this age he becomes mature ...
By dint of looking, I see that it was not that stupid as that : Cheesy:
You have to learn to control yourself in public; I did a lot of bullshit at the beginning ... on econo ... you see you are not the only one :D
Even now I do it, but less and less
Lumberjack! no comment please : Cheesy:
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 07/04/09, 13:36

: Arrow: I arrive a little late on this subject ...
I would like to see the "slide show". :?

Otherwise the Renault slideshow is not bad. 8)

I will not dwell on the RIAZ / Elec conflict ... :|
0 x

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."