Very rigorous winters

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 24/11/05, 22:02

The problem that will ensue is also the peaks of electrical consumption which are likely to cause blackouts or blackouts.

But today, even if you are heated with CNG or fuel oil, there are electrical safety devices, water circulation pumps or air fans, not to mention those that are heated by heat pumps or reversible air conditioners , if you have no electricity, you have no heating.

Having a small generator of relatively low power can become important not to freeze at home ...
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 27/11/05, 18:51

here is the list of cyclones of the year 2005 ... : Shock:

0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/11/05, 20:32

Interesting ... you got that on which site?
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 27/11/05, 23:02

www.meteoconsult.fr , they offer 1 day of free trial which allows access to the weather worldwide and the weather!

0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 01/12/05, 21:46

Here, here is the news today and the link to the article

Gulf Stream modification and glaciation

confirm what I said a little while ago ... :?

They also give the changes in water volumes displaced by the Gulf Stream.

While the 26th tropical storm is forming (normal + 50% more hot water), we have a winter storm over Brittany and fairly low temperatures, below seasonal norms depending on the weather : Shock: .

As for André in Quebec, it is 12 ° C instead of ice ... Soon we will open breeding of Rennes and Caribou, he will have to give us addresses : Wink:

I think it will get worse and as I said above, I set a stop for the treadmill at ten years ...

In short, let's isolate to withstand hot summers and then face polar (or Canadian) winters : Wink: André).

The problem is that at extreme temperatures, extreme energy consumption (electricity for air conditioning in summer; electricity and fossil for heating in winter), therefore increased supply of CO2 to the atmosphere ...
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 02/12/05, 00:00

..And yet, despite their maddening measures of drop in activity in the gulf stream, winters here (in the south) are not what they used to be (according to the ancients): it is much less cold dry and suddenly it snows less (in general) ... even practically more like the last 2 years.
40 years ago, in our Dromoise hills, the snow held on the ground all winter, today it is 10 to 15 days max! .. (black frosts are later (March 2005 for example)
The harvests and the wheat harvests are earlier, and in recent years it has become increasingly dry in early summer, which causes serious problems! (Reduced yield, lack of fodder for cattle, flowering problem , mortality, absence of mushrooms like the truffle ... which is finding it increasingly difficult to survive in the wild under the lime trees or a few oaks.

I believe more in the accentuation of climatic phenomena than in a return to a mini ice age but with the climate we are never sure of anything : roll:
One question, however: is the slowdown in lukewarm water supplies to the European continent over the past 50 years not compensated for by a more significant greenhouse effect? ​​.. everything leads us to believe in any case as regards our winters that no longer look like those of yesteryear.

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/12/05, 08:07

[Off topic] Lau, where do you find all the pictures you put at the end of almost each of your posts? [/Off topic] : Shock:
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 02/12/05, 12:44

heuu..yes, we were talking about the coming winter and I deviated on the analysis of the consequences of the gulf stream on Europe. Sorry : Oops:

For Gifs it's not complicated! a simple search on the engine and we find some with the shovel : Wink:

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/12/05, 13:23

Whoa ah ah ah!! :D
There are some who have fun I see to put a little humor on the forum, it's good ! :P
0 x

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."