An automated system to stop devices on standby

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
davidex
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

An automated system to stop devices on standby

by davidex » 24/03/09, 16:09

One more system you will tell me.
Except that the info comes from the site Cordis, which is the reference site on the European research (all domains confused):
http://cordis.europa.eu/search/index.cfm?fuseaction=news.document&N_RCN=30593

"Researchers from the CITCEA (Center for Technological Innovation in Converters and Static Activators) at the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC) in Spain have tackled this problem by designing a device capable of controlling the consumption of each device in the home.

Called "100% Off", the system is equipped with a 8 microprocessor and measures the consumption of a device in normal operation and in standby mode. When it detects that the device has entered sleep mode, it automatically turns off the power (the user does not have to intervene). The system has a green button to turn the device back on.

Miquel Teixidó, the project director, says the system developed by his team could reduce household power consumption by 20%. For example, a Spanish household that spends 367 euros of electricity per year would save 44 euros.

Patented and marketed in Spain by the Spanish company «Good For You, Good For the Planet», 100% Off is suitable for all appliances fitted to our homes today, and it can be adapted to those which will be marketed later. For the home, the system also has the advantage of protecting devices against surges and can even increase their lifespan. For the office, the technology could be incorporated into a variety of products, including laser printers. "

D.
0 x
- Audacious Fortuna Juvat -
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/03/09, 16:17

One more, as you say ...

To see the price and reliability ... I stay on our multi-switch power strip: https://www.econologie.com/shop/multipri ... -p-60.html
0 x
rick22560
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by rick22560 » 24/03/09, 17:55

It just amounts to changing the problem of space ... after shutdown it is this "new system" which is on standby !!!
0 x
Corpse Grinder 666
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Corpse Grinder 666 » 25/03/09, 10:45

otherwise there is the hand to unplug: cheap, economical and even ecological;)
0 x