Over-consumption of energy on air conditioning

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
dachshunds
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Over-consumption of energy on air conditioning

by dachshunds » 22/03/09, 19:16

: Cry: Hello, I work in offices, located on one floor of a building Heating through a three-phase air conditioning with neutral, I detected an overconsumption of energy (bill), in addition it was necessary to increase the thermostat setting to obtain a temperature of 18 ° (th = 30 °). I called an electrician who carried out measurements, and informed me that it is abnormal that the neutral at an equal or greater intensity compared to phases which they vary constantly, without being able to go into more details. I also brought in an air conditioning technician, who told me that there was no problem and that he just made an extra freon. But since its passage, it works much as before, and the setting of the thermostat corresponds to the desired temperature. Could someone explain to me in detail, technically, what the problem was. Thanking you in advance.
0 x
Hello, I have a problem of overconsumption of energy. I work in offices located on one floor of a building. Heating by an air conditioning, the first problem and that it is necessary to shift the thermostat by 10 ° more to arrive at a temperature of 18 °. An electrician took measurements on the installation (three-phase with neutral) and found that the neutral had a higher intensity than the three phases which constantly varied. asserted that there was no problem and that he just added freon. But since consumption has become acceptable again and the thermostat setting corresponds to the desired temperature. I would like to understand in detail, technically, what happened, please. Thanks in advance.
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 22/03/09, 22:28

: Arrow: Hello dachshunds and welcome to the forum. :D

The problem you are describing seems to correspond to a phase balancing problem.
On a three-phase installation, it is important that the consumption of each phase is approximately the same. If this is not the case, the billed consumption will be that of the most greedy phase (it seems to me).
:?

Ce Wiki link is quite technical but it will perhaps enlighten you.
:?

PS: you can remove duplicate content from your message by using the EDIT button at the top right of your messages.
8)
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 23/03/09, 10:27

Hello
If this is not the case, the billed consumption will be that of the most greedy phase (it seems to me).

no fortunately, in fact you pay the sum of the consumption of the three phases so balanced or not c is the same for the consumption.

an air conditioning technician, who told me that there was no problem and that he just added freon

there is nothing and he is adding gas (did he at least look for the leak? if not again in the future)

your overconsumption and your difficulties in raising the temperature are due to the lack of gas in the air conditioning; you saw it yourself
since its passage, it works more or less as before, and the setting of the thermostat corresponds to the temperature

in terms of the explanations of "the electrician" c is rather anything ...
0 x