Voltage of a generator generator adapted to the wind turbine

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
titiyador
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Voltage of a generator generator adapted to the wind turbine

by titiyador » 22/02/09, 21:11

Hello,

I would like some clarification regarding the electrical connection of a wind turbine. Indeed, I recently acquired a generator capable of delivering 200 watts, which I installed on a wind turbine and which turns with very little wind. On the other hand, I had to rectify the current with bridges of diodes, to have it in direct current, and no longer in alternative as the generator delivers it. So this is it. The generator can reach 200 watts on one condition: that the 50 volts it can supply are reached, and that the 4 amps are also reached. But I have to put bridges in parallel to achieve this. Otherwise, if the bridges are in series, I would only have 12 volts and 1 ampere or 12watts, which is ridiculous. So here is my main question:

How to connect a current whose voltage is 50 volts to the batteries? Do I have to put several batteries in series or in parallel? Or what do you offer?

Thank you in advance.

Tim.
0 x
He who sows the wind harvest ... happiness !!
bobono
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Connection of a wind generator

by bobono » 22/02/09, 21:45

Oh there it is serious doctor

50 volts under 4 amperes that makes 200 watts / hour.

The voltage and the frequency depend on the speed, on the other hand the amperage depends on the load which one applies to him. In short circuit, the amperage will go up and the speed will decrease then stop.

I am sending you a connection diagram in private message.
0 x
titiyador
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by titiyador » 23/02/09, 10:39

Thank you Bobono, I sent you my email address in MP. So I need the batteries in series? for example, 4 batteries in series will make a voltage of 48 volts, which is good for a generator of 50 volts right? and should the batteries have the same capacity to put them in series?

Goods.
0 x
He who sows the wind harvest ... happiness !!
bobono
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Generator voltage

by bobono » 23/02/09, 14:29

I answered you on your email address. An alternator without regulator cannot charge a battery.
0 x