E85 ethanol kit for gasoline vehicles -> Who tried?

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 06/10/08, 19:26

nlc wrote:Good for info I just made my case 8)
Diagram and routing are finished, it remains to wire it and make the software.

For info I put everything available on my site:

See http://chaenel.free.fr/cmsimple/?Econom ... thanol_E85

and

http://chaenel.free.fr/cmsimple/?Electr ... thanol_E85

I can't wait to mount on the car and try!

You interest me, not that I plan to run on ethanol (I already drive on LPG) but a friend drives on E85 on her mini cooper and without any modification! ni no problem. She says she does not feel a significant difference and saves € 25 per tank (small tank).

I tend to believe that these boxes are scams because the current computers adjust the carburation parameters automatically. This is already the case on my 1996 saffron.

LPG or E85 are tax-exempt fuels therefore likely to one day be "re-taxed" like gas oil exempt from tax in France to allow its development, then re-taxed since users have become very numerous ... :!:

My dear nlc, I count on you to make reliable measurements on the functioning of your nlc E85 kit and I would like you to try E85 without nlc kit. : Arrowl: :D
0 x
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 06/10/08, 19:53

In fact everything depends on the vehicles as I explain my page. Some will not understand why it is necessary to enrich so much to restore the oxygen level in the pot to a normal value. Suddenly either it will say nothing and enrich up to its maximum ceiling (but the mixture will remain too poor so be careful of the engine overheating), or a fault will appear.

And some will not be bothered by the fact that she must inject 30% more than what she had pre-calculated to maintain the right oxygen level.

The fact of adding the box makes it possible to be sure of having the 30% more upstream of the pot, history that the calculator does not have much to adjust to maintain the good rate of oxygen.

So I think the case remains really good, because you are sure not to roll too poor (although with the E85 it is less serious when it volatilizes it absorbs more heat than the SP95 and the engine heats less) . In addition, in some config the computer no longer takes into account the lambda probe info (heavy load, cold, etc ...)

But where I agree with you is that it remains a scam in the sense that the simplicity of the assembly does not justify prices as we can see !!

This is why I created a page on my site on this subject: demystify the principle and give free access to what to make your own box for cheap!
Last edited by nlc the 06 / 10 / 08, 19: 57, 1 edited once.
0 x
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 06/10/08, 19:57

citro wrote:My dear nlc, I count on you to make reliable measurements on the functioning of your nlc E85 kit and I would like you to try E85 without nlc kit. : Arrowl: :D

Yes there is no problem!
And since I can choose SP95 mode, I can completely put the kit in transparent mode to see what it looks like by letting the calculator do it.

The advantage of not putting in a box (if the car is not disturbed) is that the on-board computer continues to display the correct real-time and average consumption. With the case it is more the case since we leave the injectors open longer than he thinks !!
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 06/10/08, 22:03

nlc wrote:
citro wrote:My dear nlc, I count on you to make reliable measurements on the functioning of your nlc E85 kit and I would like you to try E85 without nlc kit. : Arrowl: :D

Yes there is no problem!
And since I can choose SP95 mode, I can completely put the kit in transparent mode to see what it looks like by letting the calculator do it.

The advantage of not putting in a box (if the car is not disturbed) is that the on-board computer continues to display the correct real-time and average consumption. With the case it is more the case since we leave the injectors open longer than he thinks !!

Absolutely. : Arrowu:
This is also what happens with LPG kits.
With the difference that in LPG mode, the "emulator" unit cuts off the supply to the injectors and drifts into passive components to make the computer believe that the injectors are still supplied ...

I'm going to have to go see your subject on the question ...
The motorbike, it's not moving too much lately, you have recovered from its "bites". :?
0 x
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 07/10/08, 07:58

On my case I have provided 15r load resistors to make the calculator believe that the injectors are there. Otherwise it may detect a fault.

Yes my fingers have grown back, but right now I'm overwhelmed the bike is not moving!
0 x
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 07/10/08, 08:59

Well I created a subject dedicated to the construction and testing of my kit: https://www.econologie.com/forums/construire ... t6300.html

That way I will be able to feed the subject as and when my experiences.
0 x
devilish
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

I am looking for a bio ethanol kit and a cheap graphic designer

by devilish » 14/01/09, 00:45

I would like a bio ethanol kit and a graphic designer

cheap 0633973532
0 x
faf2b
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by faf2b » 19/02/09, 20:35

good evening at tlm, I would like to know if the case is only put on large displacements or the pasta on it right?
0 x