stepper motor continuously

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
matthys
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

stepper motor continuously

by matthys » 26/01/09, 17:17

Hello everybody
I have a small stepper motor from a scanner. This motor operates on alternating current. Is it possible to transform alternating current into direct current? If yes, would you have a diagram of what I should do? My stepper motor has 4 wires at the output. FYI, I made a small vertical wind turbine that I put on my terrace. I plan to use the stepper motor to power a battery.
Thank you for your answers.
0 x
Olivier22
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Olivier22 » 26/01/09, 17:30

Simple, you put a diode bridge:

This assembly will not smooth the signal but will return the value always of the same sign.
To charge a battery is good.

To make it even simpler, you can also use a simple diode, the power of your generator will be just divided by two (all the negative voltage peaks will be eliminated instead of being made positive).

If you want to smooth the signal, you need to add a system of capacitors, but which can adapt to the frequency (depending on the speed), it's more complicated, I think it's useless in your case.
0 x
matthys
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by matthys » 26/01/09, 18:02

many thanks for the reply. :D
0 x