Renewable energies

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
bestmick
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Renewable energies

by bestmick » 26/01/09, 10:29

I was watching a program last week on new energies and I wondered where is the urgent need to replace oil? why is everyone desperately looking for new energies?
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 26/01/09, 10:38

: Cheesy: do you know how to pedal hard? if, yes, no need to replace oil : Cheesy:
0 x
Olivier22
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Olivier22 » 26/01/09, 15:21

There are 2 problems:
-The oil deposits are getting poorer while their exploitation is constantly growing;
-The combustion of oil generates CO2 which promotes the greenhouse effect.

So the use of petroleum (or other fossil fuels) worsens climate change in the long term. This is the ecological argument.
The financial argument (the only one that really interests multinational energy companies ...) is that if we do not quickly master an energy source other than petroleum, we will find ourselves stranded in 30 to 50 years. Back to the bicycle and the steam engine! So there will be a huge market for those who offer a new way to drive (fast), which is why even the oil companies are looking for other ways today.
0 x