You are not serious those who are for biofuel ?!

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 08/07/08, 12:28

minguinhirigue wrote:Electricity is starting to get interesting in terms of charging speed, thanks to two techniques:
- the progress of supercapacitors (for autonomy it is not yet that I agree, but nanotechnologies give them interesting prototypes.)
- battery exchange stations, offered among other things by the French diamond. Interchangeable batteries would solve the problem of recharging speed.

But otherwise, yes for biofuels, there are plants that have very interesting fuel potential, including on land not dedicated to agriculture. You just have to make sure that these plants do not use agrarian surfaces. But it has been said a thousand times, the only problem is that those who have in their hands this market have only two words to mouth: profitable money!

Agrarian areas are also governed by lobbies ...

as for electricity for cars, how would it be produced given the number?
a nuclear power plant by highway?

0 x
minguinhirigue
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by minguinhirigue » 08/07/08, 15:39

Not a beautiful radiofuturotoxic power plant ... just photovoltaic panels, solar thermodynamic parabolas (see thermal capture power plants) or co-generation, can be all in combination to cover both home needs and travel .

And yes, the roof of a pavilion roughly receives several times the average needs of the inhabitants. So even with rotten performance, there are ways to do wonders.

Storage ? No need for a huge trick, the old system has the advantage of having a beautiful network: staying connected to the network avoids worries in periods without sun (it does not disappear all over France at once!) , and share electricity in decentralized production. Hence the possibility of a progressive delusion of the most polluting existing plants.

What you consume on the road you would produce in the buildings or you stop, at home or at work. It's more difficult to do with methane ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 11/07/08, 16:45

Christophe wrote:TIPP / TIC for FRANCE represents around 15% of VAT receipts ...

It's funny how a certain number of subjects turn in a loop ...

I kindly got turned on on another thread when I objected to lowering the TIPP as a "cure" for soaring fuel prices at the pump. I can't get back to it.

I still take my idea: remove the TIPP to increase the VAT is a social nonsense. I explain my point of view:

1) The TIPP "taxes" in proportion to its consumption. Users of bass drums pay more than those who use a small car ... The more petroleum-based fuels increase, and the more "profitable" alternative solutions will become (electric cars, pellet boilers, solar water heaters) ...
2) VAT, everyone pays, but the RMIste who will buy a piece of clothing, food (eventually, the rate will be 5,5%).

3) If we admit that we have to "socialize" a certain number of collective charges - and I think so -, then I am for an increase in the TIPP (because we can, in the extreme, escape it = take the transmports in common, buy an electric car, etc ...; we can quite easily reduce = buy a vehicle adapted to his needs and not to his ego!) and a reduction in VAT on certain products (clothes, medicines, food including basic sugar, salt, flour, pasta) because it cannot be avoided. And the poor cannot escape it.

4) We should never confuse the misuse that some make of the collective management systems for certain needs (education, social protection, firefighters, roads, management of natural areas, etc.) and the systems themselves. Take a trip to Africa to see what a tax-free state really is (I spent a dozen years there)!

My point of view, although I have two cars (well, me one, my wife one), it is yes to a gradual and planned increase in the TIPP, offset at the equivalent level by a reduction in VAT on products essential (those bought regularly by a "representative sample" of RMIstes - the show off = cell phone, Nike shoes ... And presto, let's go, it's not easy).
0 x
The shadow
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by The shadow » 11/07/08, 18:52

Hello everyone : Cheesy:

I see that many people are not on the same wavelength : Shock:

the products which will replace oil as energies have been known for years by research centers like inra, cirad, cnrs, engref and the umr "mixed research units" : Shock:

wheat, wood, but, rice sugar cane etc ... finally all forms that come out of the ground : Lol:

the problem is that it takes the french PAYE to support the debauchery of the republic and woodlice :x

Billions of dollars spent on war productions to kill others and do nothing wrong to respect others like contempt

here it was my post which does not displease some
0 x
agriculturegaia
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by agriculturegaia » 08/01/09, 03:46

Guy Nègre's compressed air cars soon arrive in droves on the market

3500 euros with in theory a premium of the state of 5000 euros ... : Cheesy: it happens it happens .. and soon free food too : Lol:
0 x
To see the construction of agricultural machinery Gaia in real time in France and abroad, the signatures of the contract Gaia, sign up for the Gaia newsletter:

http://www.agriculturegaia.com
dreamer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by dreamer » 12/01/09, 16:10

IF my memory is good, the trick found by the French state is to limit these 5000 € to a maximum percentage of the price of the car.

SInon, I'm starting to drool for this:
http://fr.cars.yahoo.com/14102008/321/l ... ore-0.html
0 x
Elec
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Elec » 12/01/09, 16:16

Agro-biofuels constitute a very serious environmental, water, climatic, health, economic and social threat. It is urgent to stop developing them.

And no technology will make it possible to circumvent the basic limiting factor: a surface yield of conversion of solar energy into chemical energy by plants of less than 0,5%.

This factor of 0,5% has immediate consequences in terms of surfaces necessary cultivables, in terms of consumption ofwater, at the level fertilizers and pesticides, in terms of impact on biodiversity, impact on food crops etc.

Jatropha curcas ? In arid zones and without watering, its production is very poor. It is a plant, like the others!

Jatropha curcas is currently planted worldwide on land where it is possible to grow food plants.
Ditto for another euphorbiaceae, castor oil. And here are the consequences in Ethiopia: http://www.riaed.net/spip.php?article18 ... rothers=80

Concerning ethanol, its combustion has serious consequences on human health.
Last edited by Elec the 12 / 01 / 09, 16: 37, 1 edited once.
0 x
Elec
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Elec » 12/01/09, 16:30

I take a message posted at the beginning of this thread:

Christophe wrote: a) decision makers who make poor technological choices (ethanol based on food plants with the consequences that we know): but it's always better than investing in a strong oil platform, right?

The environmental assessment (biodiversity), water, climatic and sanitary ethanol is as bad as petroleum. In terms of health, the combustion of ethanol is a serious threat.

b) the people who mix AGRO and BIOfuel as it seems to be your case and who systematically condemn the concept of biofuels.

Agro-biofuels are condemned for simple unavoidable physical reasons.

c) those who believe in the effects of techno-media announcements and cars beyond passing the laws of thermodynamics ...
As for example the surface yield of conversion of solar energy into chemical energy by plants.

- the balance sheet for cellulosic ethanol is even worse than that of first generation ethanol.

Some docs:

0 x