How to generate power by burning wood?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 10/01/09, 23:34

Mmm no, there is simpler

a steam boiler and you run a piston engine with it, like a locomotive from the valiant era of lights
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Remundo

by Remundo » 10/01/09, 23:58

Well seen Captain, I had suggested it without much success. Will you make us a blue flame or pellet burner? : Cheesy:
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 11/01/09, 00:02

Well yes, why not ... :?:

Small question, can we do it without consuming water (or much less than a steam locomotive). :?:
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 11/01/09, 18:55

Remundo wrote:Well seen Captain, I had suggested it without much success. Will you make us a blue flame or pellet burner? : Cheesy:

it's going to be hard with solid fuel :D
but Christophe has already posted this: https://www.econologie.com/combustion-de ... -3550.html it's not very blue ...

besides what is the combustion reaction with wood? it should not be beautiful depending on the species and resins, particles, VOCs, Naphthalenes, formaldehyde and acetaldehyde; full of joys ...

citro wrote:Well yes, why not ... :?:

Small question, can we do it without consuming water (or much less than a steam locomotive). :?:

yes, you can, with a closed water circuit and a condenser on which you can recover calories or directly reinjected with a regulator
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^