Where a mast for his wind?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Where a mast for his wind?

by Grelinette » 09/12/08, 23:31

Just like that, I give you this tip, if it works at your place and it is not pierced:

To find a wind turbine mast I went to the technical services of my town because I told myself that a street lighting street light was not bad.
A good man from the service gave me the contact details of the subcontracting company for the electricity and I called her ... and you know what, the head of the company said to me: "... if you want a lamppost, you come to the depot, you choose and you leave with it. We have dozens of reformed ones that we don't know what to do with ... in addition we deliver it to you if you want! ".

Indeed, there were almost all sizes (from 3 m to more than 10 m) and all shapes. In addition they are hollow which allows to tinker with an electrical or mechanical system. To begin with, I got one 7 m long which I transported by placing it one end on my trailer and the other on the gallery of my car.

That was the tip of the day! :D

(If you still want more I have others in stock: I'm a eco-cyclist!) :P
0 x
A2E
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by A2E » 10/12/08, 07:40

Excellent your tip but I sincerely believe that it will quickly become hollow because this deposit of street lamps will literally be looted !!!! it is surprising given the price of the scrap they "give" because it still weighs a certain weight a lighting pole! : Shock:
but hey why not after all! : Cheesy:
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 10/12/08, 09:55

Yes curious indeed, in general it is rather sold by the Domains to scrap dealers.
So if it works you should take advantage of it.

Uh grelinette, you put one aside 10 m, ok? : Lol:
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 10/12/08, 20:50

If you knew, my poor friends, all that is wasted! ...
As long as no one raises the problem and devotes a colossal energy to make things change, some wastes can last, last, last ... (especially when it comes to materials from an administration where everyone has their precise role and nobody cares about a problem that does not concern him!). Often even the team that comes to replace a pole prefers to leave the old one there because it saves them time.

I lived for a long time near a depot of a France Telecom subcontractor ... I am not telling you all that I was able to recover! there was even a "traffic" of old wooden posts!

At the time I had horses and I made shelters for them with all that. ... and for the drinkers, old container trash cans on wheels that I cut with a grinder (that's still possible and I get some regularly). For my horses, I also collected 1000l cubic tanks which contained glucose to make candied fruit: it cost more for the company to send them back to the supplier than to give them to whoever wanted them!

In short, the sources for recovery are inexhaustible and you just have to go to the right place.
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 10/12/08, 20:58

Transport is a bit stunted but the pipe is a good ideaImage

On the other hand, it is true that it is astonishing that they give them because the metallo company in which I worked recovered even the smallest piece of wire !!! : Shock:
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 12/12/08, 13:04

Hello

Recovery pillar for his wind turbine, this is the solution chosen by this owner of a self-installation

The rest of the description of his installation here

http://www.chaleurterre.com/forum/viewsujet.php?t=7901

A+
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 12/12/08, 13:18

Well then see that I am not the only one to recover! : Cheesy:

The street lights I collected are not as big as the one in the photo but they are still quite long (more than 6 m) and are very solid (made of metal).

Possibly if someone is interested I can try to get one for them. For delivery ... will have to see because I am in the Bouches du Rhône (near Aix en Provence) and I am not sure that a 6 m street light fits in an envelope of the post! :P
0 x