Keeled wind turbines?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 08/12/08, 18:00

Christophe wrote:
Woodcutter wrote:This is where this type of streamlined machine will play. As if it were of a larger diameter than it really is, in a way ...

The Betz limit is to wind turbines what Carnot's efficiency is to thermal machines...so their "explanation" I strongly doubt it...in other words:[...]
And what does Carnot's performance say about the difference between a naturally aspirated engine and a supercharged engine?
Seems to me like it's the same difference...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/12/08, 18:02

A Turbo remains below Carnot...simply that the hot T° is higher...

ps: I edited my post to complete it.
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 08/12/08, 18:04

Christophe wrote:Greg always faithful to himself ... Be careful soon you will be entitled to the name "Ecolopochtron official"! : Cheesy:

Me, I'm fine... Anyway, I'm not the only one : Mrgreen:
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 08/12/08, 18:31

Christophe wrote: A Turbo remains below Carnot...simply that the hot T° is higher...
It was rather a form of joke!
A turbo makes it possible to "modify" the displacement of the engine, since it admits much more air than it can naturally suck in...

I'll come back to it one last time but then I'll stop, it's annoying to see that you absolutely don't want to dig into the question... :|

The explanations of the "builder" say that the disturbance caused by the presence of a wind turbine means that it does not recover the energy of its simple surface. This type of fairing would really make use of the total surface area of ​​the airflow passing through the machine. I imagine that's why he talks about better performance and I would like to have substantiated opinions on this, and not comments that are content to repeat what you will find in any book. ! :frown:

I play my candid role thoroughly: I want to be explained to me, not sent back to my studies (that doesn't interest me...)

Christophe wrote:ps: I edited my post to complete it.
I don't follow you on this supplement.
If, for a wind sensor, better performance allows smaller machinery for equal production, therefore less expensive in terms of materials, manufacturing and transport, easier to install and having better social acceptance, the benefit seems obvious to me!
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."