former recovery materials like WEEE

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
elekaj34
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

former recovery materials like WEEE

by elekaj34 » 01/12/08, 13:28

Hello,

Having bought a laser printer a few years ago, it has broken down .... so it is no longer under warranty.

The repair estimate is exorbitant. I tried to repair the beast myself, but to no avail.

So I resigned myself (also out of need) to buying a printer. But when I told the seller to take mine back (broken down) he refused telling me that this is not his "job" (he still charged me the ecotax on the new one)

Does this person have the right to refuse the return of my old equipment?

Another question, more general, should professionals take back used (or broken down) equipment even if we don't buy them any gear?

Finally, I contacted a recycling center, they can take back my gear, but for a fee: /

Thanks for your help
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/12/08, 13:32

I believe that they are obliged to resume ... within the limits of certain quotas .... For example: I imagine that it must be linked to the amount of ecotax collected. An independent assembler will collect less than a large area.

Anyway it's simple, you just have to tell him: either you take it back from me or I will see elsewhere ...

It should work :)

Finally, I contacted a recycling center, they can take back my gear, but for a fee: /

Hu? This is a scam if they offer this to you as an individual! The various taxes are precisely made to finance them ...

Here is another topic that should interest you: https://www.econologie.com/forums/traitement ... t5617.html

Reading you, we can not say that the "system" does not encourage the wild deposit !! : Evil:
0 x
elekaj34
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by elekaj34 » 01/12/08, 14:16

OK, thanks

By telephoning the treatment center, they thought (or wanted to believe) that I was a box. In fact, they work not with individuals but with companies (because they collect the ecotax).

They replied that whether or not to buy equipment, a seller must take back the old equipment.

Thanks again for the information ;)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/12/08, 14:26

Ah here I prefer that!

For the recovery, go see carrouf rather than an independent ... you will probably have more chances ...

In other words: you buy the new one from a small one and you have a big one take it back.
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 01/12/08, 19:04

European law requires the return of gear!

Personally, the seller, small or large, who would send me to walk would hear the bells ring.

I would even make him a small insert in the magazine Test-Achat : Evil:
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!