actual price of a bath or shower for water and heating

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
the boulle
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by the boulle » 10/09/13, 16:52

yes of course, it is for his he is timed .... well adjust with a push button near the water is playable ...
0 x
Oway1945
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

re

by Oway1945 » 27/12/15, 23:47

good evening! I have just left my old home and after the state of the place it is proved from those that I have told the person in charge of the inventory, that my consumption will be exorbitant so what someone will tell me combient must consume two people for 8 months in m3 d water
[Moderation flytox]
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 28/12/15, 09:44

I do not like mixers

I like the thermostatic tap provided for the shower and also useful for the sink

when you want warm water, the tap automatically opens only the hot, and adds cold as the heat arrives: no waste

unfortunately the thermostatic faucet that is easily not expensive is not built-in in the modern sink: you have to mount them against the wall like the old faucet

there is also thermostatic faucet to recess, but very expensive

the price of water at home is very low: it is only rainwater ... but it is limited in quantity, so I prefer the bath which allows more easily to recover the water for other use
0 x
Ibanez
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Actual price of a bath or shower for water and heating

by Ibanez » 15/02/17, 11:48

Hello everyone, this is my first participation in a forum. And as I reflex to consult systematically, I think it is time too me to share my information and experiences.

Thank you for this statement of expenses related to a shower.
I have just calculated mine, I would like to share my figures with you. I give you first the result then the detail:

My shower time 13 minutes, without having stopped the arrival of water, water heated to 45 degrees.
It cost me 0,18 Euro in water
And 0,11 Euro in city gas
That is a total of 0,29 Euro.

Details for those interested:

On reading water and gas meters just before and just after the shower, without the water and gas being used elsewhere during the shower:
- Water 53 Liters (ie 0,053 m3)
- Gas 189 Liters (ie 0,189 m3)
The water costs us here (region Normandy - France) TTC and subscription included: 3,35 Euros the m3
Gas costs us here (Rouen) 0,59148 Euro per m3 consumed including tax excluding subscription (namely a m3-> kWh conversion index of 11,16 and a kWh price of 0,053 Euro) (pricing applied on the date of the post )
So :
- Water: 0,053 x 3,35 = 0,18 Euro
- Gas: 0,189 x 0,59148 = 0,11 Euro

By crossing my conso in liter of water (53 liters for 13 minutes) with the results of our friend at the top (which estimates a conso of 50 L for 4 minutes of shower), I think that my handshower is economic .. ..

On the other hand, we agree on the fact that it is a real hassle to calculate all that.

it was my first calculation on statement and I intend to make several to be on the price.

See you soon,

Ibanez
1 x
Meszigues3
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: Actual price of a bath or shower for water and heating

by Meszigues3 » 15/02/17, 23:02

Good evening Ibanez,

The orders of magnitude you give are good.
I did the calculations (laborious as you say) and had comparable results. For you this is in 100 euros per year and per person.

A few comments :
53 liters and 45 ° C is a lot. I tested a spartan shower: 5,6 liters at 25 ° C (measured by meter graduated in deciliters and thermometer under shower, not roughly evaluated).
Wet at low flow: 2 liters; stop the water;
Soap with Marseille soap (the liquid soap is long to rinse);
Rinse at low flow: 4 liters.
Of course it was to measure the minimum possible. The usual shower is 20 liters at 30 ° C.

In calculations to see what you win or not, do not count the subscriptions: you are anyway obliged to pay them, except to dispense with water and gas. I neglected the losses (who participate in heating anyway).

Under these conditions, less than one euro per week per person, the complications (for example exchanger to recover the calories leaving the sewer) are irrelevant.
1 x